Question Making albums private vs. public

I'm not sure this is the correct spot for this post but anyway . . .

I recently saw a report on the news about companies stealing images from photo sharing sites. They can do this without your knowledge or permission and use your photos for ads, etc. This is copyright infringement and should be stopped. On this SBM website we all have albums and share our pages and ideas/work. This puts it out there for anyone to steal. I have marked all of my albums private but then it takes my images out of the gallery. I know there is a watermark on the photos that are online, does that make it copyrighted for us so that companies (or anyone else) cannot use them without first notifying SBM or we as individuals? Can I make my albums public without any worries?

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

no company can use an image unless you place it into the public domain first (there are sites dedicated to this)

all images placed in the gallery as far as i am aware are auto copyrighted by the gallery host there is a sign at the bottom of each page

Powered by: PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced
    Copyright 2006 All Enthusiast, Inc.

and below that is the indigo rose copyright

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
    Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Copyright © 2006 - 2008 Indigo Rose Corporation. All rights reserved.

so i think you'll find we are covered and images can not be used unless your permission is gained first

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Thanks angel! Now I can go on! LOL
    I'm off to work!

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Thanks so much for bringing this up! It has been something I have been thinking about lately but just haven't gotten around to asking-thanks for being on top of thing-especially such important issues!
    Christine

Debs, if you are really worried, you can also include your own copyright marks in your layout before you upload to the gallery.

pics are not safe anywhere, when i got married in january i paid for the copyright to my photos so i could do whatever i wanted with them, imagine my horror when i saw my pics all over my photographers site. i wasnt asked if he could use them yet he made me pay for the right to use them? bit stupid really as as far as i am concerned i own the copyright now not him lol

My husbands head was used for our local college but only a back shot they cut it open and had differnt things going in to represent learning and he had to sign a small packet document giving permission for this. I didn't care as I didn't think anybody would recocnize the back of his head.
    Rachell