X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove's October 2008 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The “Freebie” Part!

Diana Carmichael has generously supplied a freebie collection of lovely elements to all our Groove readers, that coordinate with her Kansas kit. Find the freebies attached below!

The “Challenge” Part!

Diana has issued this challenge based on her freebie collection:

• Using at least FOUR (4) items from the mini-kit, create a layout emphasizing something about where YOU live that means a lot to you and tells WHY.
    • The name of the PLACE (STATE, PROVINCE, COUNTRY, etc.) where you live must be included on the page (you do NOT have to give the city unless you want to do your layout specifically for your own area).
    • You may use any additional elements, papers, photos, etc. of your choice.
    • Post your layout(s) in this thread.
    • Have Fun!

Be sure to check out the October 2008 issue of The Groove.You'll find discounts, autumn scrapbook inspiration, and more!

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
    Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 10-01-2008, 12:12 PM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • pickngrin
    Layout Whiz
    • Jul 2008

I live in Eastern NC. We used to live right on the beach, but now we live 10 minutes from it. The part of NC we live in is mostly a tourist town but you really can't tell that unless it is a major summer holiday weekend. Most of the people here are laid back and gentle kind of folk.

PS. You see the picture of the rocks with the water spray? THAT is one of the pictures I took during a hurricane we had. (You know the one that I almost ruined my camera for? Those are the same rocks I nearly busted my behind on, LOL)
    The rest of the photos are stock photos. I couldn't find some of my pictures so I used stand in's. The sunset picture is where we used to live, in fact the main shrimp trawler that you see, is my ex boyfriends, hee hee.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pickngrin; 10-01-2008, 04:01 PM.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• pickngrin
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2008

Here is another one I did awhile back. All of the photos are from a weekend trip to Ocracoke NC. It is a tiny little place barely recognized on a map.
      Attached Files

Comment

• pickngrin
        Layout Whiz
        • Jul 2008

Basketball is a big tradition in North Carolina. Duke, NCSU and UNC at Chapel Hill (yuck). We are BIG BIG BIG Duke fans which is part of where Cameron's name came from (Duke's home court is Cameron Indoor Stadium-Home of the Cameron Crazies). Wake Forest is also a big name team in NC, but they aren't part of the "Tobacco Road" gang.
        Attached Files

Comment

• knzus
          Digi Sage
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by The Groove View Post
          Diana has issued this challenge based on her freebie collection:

• Using at least FOUR (4) items from the mini-kit, create a layout emphasizing something about where YOU live that means a lot to you and tells WHY.
          • The name of the PLACE (STATE, PROVINCE, COUNTRY, etc.) where you live must be included on the page (you do NOT have to give the city unless you want to do your layout specifically for your own area).
          • You may use any additional elements, papers, photos, etc. of your choice.
          • Post your layout(s) in this thread.
          • Have Fun!
          Okay, let's see if I followed my own instructions....LOL! Thought since I came up with the challenge, I should post my own using the 4 items from the mini-kit.
          Attached Files
          Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• inkygoddess
            • Dec 2007

Oct Challenge

This is my first post. I'm still pretty new to digital scrapping but I love SBM! We're living out of the US for a year and digi scrapping seemed like the best way to take crafting supplies with me. Thanks for the freebies and inspiration!
            Attached Files

Comment

• MommaBird
              Digi Sage
              • Jul 2007

Great home state layouts. Really love yours Pic -- hits "close to home"!

Comment

• vcwhite
                • Aug 2008

Here's my page. I used the mini-kit entirely.

Attached Files
                Last edited by vcwhite; 10-02-2008, 11:43 AM. Reason: photo correction

Comment

• RachellIowa
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2008

ok here is one from Iowa

this is what I feel keeping us here and coming back when we leave.
                  http://
                  Rachell

Comment

• knzus
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jan 2007

Awesome!

These are awesome, ya'll! I have a feeling we're all going to come away with knowing more about our world... and where we all live. Great pages! You CAN do more than one if you want, so keep 'em comin' and tell us more!
                    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• pickngrin
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by inkygoddess View Post
                      This is my first post. I'm still pretty new to digital scrapping but I love SBM! We're living out of the US for a year and digi scrapping seemed like the best way to take crafting supplies with me. Thanks for the freebies and inspiration!
                      Great job!!!

Comment

• pickngrin
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MommaBird View Post
                        Great home state layouts. Really love yours Pic -- hits "close to home"!
                        Next time your RV rolls within 50 or so miles from me, we should meet up!

Comment

• pickngrin
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RachellIowa View Post
                          this is what I feel keeping us here and coming back when we leave.
                          http://
                          This is great! It may be Iowa, but I have a feeling no matter where anyone lives, they can catch a glimpse of family love and hometown tradition from your layout, I know I did. Except for the weenie mobile, I have never seen one of those around here. We did have a giant roller skate car a long time ago that someone drove around.

Comment

• nanwu
                            Digi Sage
                            • Apr 2007

okay here's mine.....don't really like Sydney that much...but at least I have a great view over the harbour and the sunsets are amazing. Won't be sad to say goodbye to Sydney on our next posting LOL
                            Attached Files

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• naugle1
                              • Sep 2006

Hello from Idaho

I grew up in the Potato Fields which I wouldn't trade for anything! I am now raising my family in the Capitol of Idaho. It is a great state to visit!

https://

https://
                              Christine

Comment

Working...
                              X