• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

What is an external hardrive

If you store things in it can you plug it in and use it in scrapping.I want to take alot of stuff of my computer as it is getting so full.Is it like a mini hardrive.Let me know.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

• Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Yup, you can plug it in via a usb cable and store all your stuff on it. They come in various sizes.

Comment

• mh51
      Scrap Guru
      • Jul 2006

YEP... and I think it's one of the best things I've ever bought... more accessible than storing things on CD/DVDs.

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

i couldn't survive without my external hard drive....am looking at getting a bigger one as i have so much stuff on the one i have....i want to sort all my stuff into used often.....and not so often...think I will get a portable one (they are smaller in physical size) so i can take all my use often stuff with me when i go away with out taking up so much space

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2007

I have one I use just for backup of my entire computer and another one where I keep all my pics and scrapbooking stuff as they take up so much room. I recommend getting the largest capacity you can afford as they can be moved from computer to computer. So even if your computer now breaks down, you can take your personal external hard drive to the next computer. Once it's plugged in, your computer recognizes it like any other folder or drive. You can save a jpeg to a folder you create on your external just like you save it to a folder in My Documents.
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• sacannon
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Aug 2006

yep, I have tons of stuff on my external and still have tons of room left. It is the best investment you can make.
            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Smile
              Digi Sage
              • Nov 2006

I know....I know

Eye: Yes I do know what an external hard drive is.......
              Ex....someone before your present someone
              ter....terter sause that you put on fish and chips
              nal...something that you put under a hammer
              hard.....when you boil an egg or eat Eye's cookies
              drive.....something that Eye says with the words "you kids _ _ _ _ _ me crazy"
              Now I hope Irene (Eye) that you finally understand. I hope that you don't get mad at me for being so smart but you half
              to admit that my side of the family tree has always been a bit brighter........xoxo
              Attached Files
              sigpic....

Comment

• eye
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Smile View Post
                Eye: Yes I do know what an external hard drive is.......
                hard.....when you boil an egg or eat Eye's cookies
                drive.....something that Eye says with the words "you kids _ _ _ _ _ me crazy"
                Now I hope Irene (Eye) that you finally understand. I hope that you don't get mad at me for being so smart but you half
                to admit that my side of the family tree has always been a bit brighter........xoxo
                Yah right.Ha ha and I am a good cook.
                sigpic
                My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• eye
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

One more question please.Now just say I get one and remove all my pictures and scrapbooking stuff and put it in the external.Now I delete the original stuff on my computer to make room.Now here is the most important question.I put on scrapbook max and do a layout.I put on external hard drive.Now I do not want to put them back into the computer can I still drag and drop from what I have stored in external.In other words is it likea hard drive.
                  What is a flash drive or a thumb drive---are they similar to a external.HAVE I LOST YOU YET
                  sigpic

Comment

• sacannon
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Aug 2006

It works the same. In my computer the hard drive is c: and my external hard drive is g: You just click the g: instead of the c: to find the files. I have never tried the flash drives, but I think you use them as a temporary holding space, say if you want to download something from your computer to put on Smile's computer or vice versa. Someone can correct me if I am wrong here.
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• sacannon
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by smile View Post
                      eye: Yes i do know what an external hard drive is.......
                      hard.....when you boil an egg or eat eye's cookies
                      drive.....something that eye says with the words "you kids _ _ _ _ _ me crazy"
                      now i hope irene (eye) that you finally understand. I hope that you don't get mad at me for being so smart but you half

sheeeee's baaaaack! Yippee
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Smile
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2006

Flash drive and thumb drive

Hello Eye once again I come to the rescue........I am afraid the flash drive I ordered was not suitable for SBM....but the thumb drive has arrived........
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic....

Comment

• eye
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Smile View Post
                          Hello Eye once again I come to the rescue........I am afraid the flash drive I ordered was not suitable for SBM....but the thumb drive has arrived........
                          In other words are you giving me the you know what---finger ha ha
                          sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Smile, baby!!! Can't tell you how delighted I am that you're back and you can handle that crazy relative of yours... One question... She is relative to what??

I had a great vision of what an external hard drive and the usb cable could do for Eye, even where she could hang it, but I just could not bring myself to share it here!!

But you did a great job of explaining one use of it for Eye!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

A flash drive is just a very small portable drive . It is about the size of a cigaret lighter and plugs into a USB port, much like most External harddrives. It usually is 1 to 5 gigs , but can be smaller or larger of course. They are nice because they are so small and that makes them so easy to take with you and share files with others or transfer from one computer to another.

Helps????

Comment

Working...
                              X