+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well Dear I know how you feel.Sheena in grade 5 had a hard time.I had to cut her hair all off as everytimeI got rid of them she would get infested again.What happens is some cannot afford the stuff so therefore they are not treated and it spreads.Years ago when the health nurse was in schools they would treat them but now they do not.So now the druggist tells you to use vaseline and boy it takes weeks to remove that stuff but it works.
    Also for all you dog loves Palmolive original dish soap is good.Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash them and it kills dog fleas.Got that from a dog groomer.Tried it and it works.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Don't be embarressed. It happens in all schools and pre-schools. I was visiting my sister in Florida. She was working and the pre-school called her at work to say that one of the kids in her girls class had lice so they checked the other kids and yep, her kids had lice too. So I ended up going to get them and I was the one scrubbing their head and combing them out. What fun! Not. I was so itchy after that. But tell your kids not to use combs/brushes etc from other kids. That is one of the ways they get them, although I don't think they have to do that to get them, it just makes it easier.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Don't be embarrassed. This stuff happens all the time. I work in an elementary school and when this happens a note goes home and DOES NOT mention any child's name or classroom.

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

You gotta laugh about it.. brought back bad memories tho. I had a stationwagon full of kids, took them to great america, and half the neighborhood ended up with lice...they preferr clean heads tho.which I thought was interesting... and when we all went back to the dr...he said.....a great big overkill huh? My grand kids had it and their mom out of desperation sent them to school and overnight for 1 week dripping in baby oil from their hair...hasn't seen once since...that was about 4 years ago. so there is hope. and of course listening to the kids complain about the oil.....
    Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Yeah the old horror stories of lice infestation. Our grandsons got it sooo bad we had to shave their heads-and my daughter got it too-but with her we were able to treat it with the medicine and comb. With my daughter one of her friends mother and father would not let her come over any more. She got it from someone at school, but it didn't matter, they found out she had it too and she no longer was able to play with them or go to their house. My children were always clean, they always had clean clothes and we always had a clean house. Some people can be so cruel. But that was a very long time ago and I think people are more understanding now. Don't fret about it-it happens all the time.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Don't be embarrassed. This happens all the time. It does not matter how clean you keep your house or your child. Those little buggars can really jump. Call and speak to your child's principal or the school nurse. They HAVE to keep things like this confidential. A note will be sent home with the children and your child is probably not the only one that came down with them over the weekend.

Visit my blog at www.mrsjaybob.com

I think it great how everyone here helps out with kind words and advice no matter what someone's situation may be. From serious medical issues, to lice, and even what someone's precious little girl should be for halloween. I love this place and all the people here. You guys are the best. (Whoa, I am starting to sound like Eye, huh?) hee hee

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

My mother was a beautician and she said that Lice can jump up to 8 FEET. They just have to be in the same room with another child who has them to get them, too. You can walk by someone at the mall and get lice. Of course, then they take them to school and everyone has them because they're always together. Don't worry about it! That was one of those stories that we didn't want to scare you with. But as you can see, everyone knows someone who's had them.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Default OOPS or GOOF OFF is my FAVORITE LiCe Killer

Like the many of you have experienced...my daughter kept getting them OVER and OVER again..being sent home from school each time..Couldn't figure out WHERE she was getting them from..til observing her normal pleasures of laying on our Golden Retrievers NECK often.. That is where she was getting them from..Wasn't supposed to be able to get them from dogs..but..DID!!

I found that putting OOPS or Goof Off ( That adhesive remover stuff) on a cotton ball..and putting on the roots and strands of hair...killed the lice instantly! and did not irritate the scalp because I only had it on her for a brief time before washing off.. Saved TONS of time and effort!! Boys never got the lice..

My Doctor was not pleased with the school telling me I had to take her to the Doctor to get treatment...she fussed that the lice are not disease problems..just a nuisance.. Far worse problems than that needed attending to besides simple case of lice she used to say!!

Bless you!! Frustrating!!

Here we are discussing the dreaded little buggers and it seems that any child who has dry clean hair is bound to get them some time or another after several times of a child or grand child or a individual I had worked with came down with them, I would go ape and treat everything in site, poor kids didn't know what was going on but they put up with it so now as I have gotten older and got more info on the bugs, and that they are becomming more resistant to the pesticides, new ways of treating these with out spending ungodly amount of money they say use vasaline or mayo leave in for about an hour comb thru and then wash hair withan dish soap like dawn I now too put just a Little baby oil or a anti frizz oil in the kids hair about twice a week save a lot of time as those little bugs can't lay eggs on oily hair shafts.
    Rachell