+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mad and embarrassed

Ok so all of you my son started kindergarten a few weeks ago and you all told me all these horror stories. Well there is one you all forgot to tell me, the gross stuff that passes through schools. After three days of being there Cameron caught what we thought was a little cold. Well fast forward 2 weeks and he was still coughing, so we took him to the dr. and it was bronchitis (got that beat though)
    Well Friday my husband and I had a wedding rehearsal to go to (I was the photographer and he had to play his guitar) so Cameron stayed with my sister in law. We got home around 7:30 or so and Mark went to pick him up and he didn't want to come home just yet so we let him stay a little while longer. My sister in law called me and said that Cameron had been scratching his head alot. SO she checked him and guess what she saw!!! Yep you got it, LICE!! I was SOOOOOOO mad and embarrassed. My kid is not a dirty child and we scrub his head nightly (I know lice is not a dirty kid thing, but still) so I sent my husband out at 9:30 to get a remedy for it and we doused him with the stuff and combed and combed until almost midnight. I boiled all of his clothes and bed sheets. The next day I didn't see too many lice in his hair except for a few dead ones. He stayed with another sister in law Saturday while we were at the wedding and said they didn't see anything. Well he got home today and I saw like three little dead ones on the nape of his neck so I went BACK to Walmart and got a stronger remedy and I combed his hair out with that painful little fine tooth metal comb again for about an hour. There is NO LICE AT ALL now!!
    Now I have to tell his teacher tomorrow that someone brought lice to school and they need to check EVERY head, I just hope nobody makes fun of him or avoid him at all. In fact I pray that his name is never mentioned. It scares me to think of anyone making fun of him for something that is NOT his fault. He didn't start it.
    I am sorry this post is so long but I had to vent, stuff like this makes me angry because somewhere out there is a child scratching like crazy and the parents aren't paying attention to it. I know it happens and it is nothing to fret over, but it makes my skin crawl.
    Thanks for listening to me rant. I am not usually a freak out sort of mom, but this is something else.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Oh Nooooo doesnt sound like any fun! But dont be embarrassed!!! I am sure this happens to alot of peeps!
    I think you missed one......

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

You might want to try this for dinner.....

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    You might want to try this for dinner.....

You stink weed!!! Thanks for making me laugh about it though.

Thats too funny crops!!! nice picture!
    Well Picklngrin! you dont have to be embarassed, this tiny animals are in the entire world!!!!!! last year in the class of my oldest girl Stefania a couple of girls have it but she never have them, hope your Cameron is better now and in his class the teacher do something, here we need an authorizathion of their dr to go back to school, well hope you dont have to fight with this animals, anymore, in spanish lice is piojo and in italian pidocchi
    Baci and good luck
    Wendy
    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie49 View Post
    Thats too funny crops!!! nice picture!
    Well Picklngrin! you dont have to be embarassed, this tiny animals are in the entire world!!!!!! last year in the class of my oldest girl Stefania a couple of girls have it but she never have them, hope your Cameron is better now and in his class the teacher do something, here we need an authorizathion of their dr to go back to school, well hope you dont have to fight with this animals, anymore, in spanish lice is piojo and in italian pidocchi
    Baci and good luck
    Wendy
    In "my house" language they are "disgusting little ______" that MUST GO!!! hee hee.
    We didn't actually call them lice in front of Cameron, I didn't want him to go to school proudly announcing he had lice. We just called them little bugs. Don't know if that was the right thing to do but it seemed right at the time, plus I am taking him to the school nurse first thing tomorrow morning and have her clear him to go to his class and plus telling his teacher and let them put out the head check announcement.

yes the whole point of this is to laugh it off, and hey what kinda friend would I be if I couldnt help when you are feeling all itchy and scratchy and stuff..... hahaha I got one more.... ready....... you can have this for breakfast tomorrow morning....

thats all I got....now excuse me while I go take a shower and scrub my hair for a few hours........hahaha

Crops, I don't care what anyone says about you, I still like ya!!
    You should have seen me and Mark after Cameron finally went to bed that first night, we looked like apes out in the wild checking each other.

You should get a monkey.. I hear they love pickin' bugs! Go ask Granny if she will let you borrow one of hers....lol
    I am thankful my girls never got them, ohhh man I couldnt even dream of that clean up...you gotta wash everything, including stuffed animals...
    I am sure everything will go fine in the morning...

Well for first lice experience was ok for you and your husband now you willprepare if there another lice time, hope never again but we never know it!!!!!!! good luck girl !
    Wendy
    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!