• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RomanticLouise
    • Aug 2006

Hi from Brazil!

Hi everyone!!!

I'm testing this amazing software and I'm very glad to see how easy it is!

But I'm still afraid to buy it. Do you know if there is any feature that allows us to crop the photos in different shapes and apply effects around them? We can see some round photos and some with special effects in the gallery, but I can't find a feature do create my own effects around the photos. Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

RL
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Hi Louise.. Welcome to the forum!

When you say effects, can you be a little more specific. There are many masks or shapes that come with the program, and there are 100s in the web that you can use with Max.

If you can give us a little more info, maybe we can answer your question?

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

Hello Brazil

Welcome to our group! Have you downloaded the trial version of the program. If not, you will want to do that so you can play with it. You can use it for 30 days before purchasing the full version.

As for croping pictures and adding shapes, YES YES YES!!!! You can do all of that with this program. It is very easy and so much fun! If you use the trial version, it will have some shapes included and the full version will have even more. I promise you, you will not be disappointed!!!! Also, we hae a lot of great people here that will assist you with your questions.

Again, welcome and do enjoy the software and the members of the forum.

nie
      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• RomanticLouise
        • Aug 2006

Thank you!

Thank you, ladies, for your warm welcome!

Yes, Onie, I've downloaded the trial version! And hey - I discovered how to work with the "shapes" for the photos!!! I read the Help ( after all, this is why help files are there, to be read...).

And thanks, Granny, this was another question I had, if SBM is "expandable", I mean, if we can add stuff to it!

I'm convinced! I'm buying it!

Comment

• Winnie49
          Layout Whiz
          • Mar 2006

Welcome Louisue!!!
          Finally I saw somebody from south america, i dont speak portuges, but i borned close to your country! (Lima,Peru) from which part of Brazil are you?

This is a fantastic place, all the people is sooooo kind, nice, talent, special, creative, etc ,etc, and also a little crazy I'm sure you will enjoy playing with SBM is soooo easy to use, good luck and hope to see your creations!

Ciao
          Wendy
          Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• RomanticLouise
            • Aug 2006

Thank you, Wendy!

I'm from a city called Campinas, in São Paulo State.

Nice to know there is someone from South America too!

I'm amazed with SBM!

Hope to see you all here soon!

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Locos, locos? Quien esta loco aqui? No yo!!!!

Granny

ps: The crazy Cuban!
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Marcelle
                • Jul 2006

From Brazil too!

I'm from Brasil too. To be more specific from the northeast, Recife. I was using corel to do my scraps but now i found this program and has buy it.

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

Welcome Marcelle! You are going to love this program and the members here also.

Marion

Comment

• Squeak
                    • May 2006

Speaking of special shapes. I was just working on making my own custom shapes to see if it would work ... and it did!

Love-screenshot.jpg

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

Looks like a wonderful page. It is amazing how creative we are all becoming!
                      You did a great job!

Marion

Comment

• Squeak
                        • May 2006

Thanks. I am still having little issues with the page, but overall I like how the shapes came out. Sometimes the cutout portion of the letters shows through as a faded area and I am not sure why. I have to go in and reapply the shape. Once I figure out why it is doing that, I'll upload the template.

Comment

• OnieRN
                          Scrap Guru
                          • May 2006

Don't tease us Squeak

Time to pass on the secret to the custom shapes! I like the shapes we have in the program but would love to have the ability to shape my SCRAPS like I did in paper scrapping. I used to take paper and cut it in Triangle wedges with fancy siscers. Or Cut into DEEP waves. The waves we have on the program are already in a paper design, I would like to pic my own paper to do that and design my own shape of the wave.

nie
                          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                          !

nie

Comment

• srussell
                            Digi Sage
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Squeak
                            Thanks. I am still having little issues with the page, but overall I like how the shapes came out. Sometimes the cutout portion of the letters shows through as a faded area and I am not sure why. I have to go in and reapply the shape. Once I figure out why it is doing that, I'll upload the template.
                            Squeak,
                            Here's a thought... Try making your letter shapes in larger dimensions ( i.e. 600x600 or 800x800). That gives you more pixels to work with, smoother edges, etc. I'll see if I can whip up a couple of samples
                            sigpic
                            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Squeak
                              • May 2006

Maybe that's the problem. I orignally did them full size in photoshop, then shrunk them down to 100 x 100 because that is the size of custom shapes in SBM. I thought they had to be that way. I will try them larger and see if I still have problems. Thanks for the tip.

Onie. Once I get mine working properly, I will pass along the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X