X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

Try these... They're not exactly the same font style as yours, but I just tried them and they seems to be nice and crisp...
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Squeak
      • May 2006

Thanks for the shapes. I still want to figure out how to create them properly.

BTW .. There was no 'font style' to mine. I did them with rectangles, triangles, and a circle.

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

Anxious & Waiting

I made a file for the letter shapes within the embellishments. Can these be installed in the SHAPES area of the program? The area that you change the shape of pictures or scraps! If so, please tell where and how to do that!
        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• Squeak
          • May 2006

I created the letter shape and then put it in the
          C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery\Images\Shapes\Objects
          directory. Then when I added a photo, I could select 'custom shape' and 'object' and my shape was in the list. The shapes I created were black and white, where the black portion is the cutout portion (your picture will not show on the black parts) and the white part will let your picture show through.

Anyway, that's is how I did it. Anyone else with any tips?

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

That is Cool Squeak

Somehow I missed that folder........... Now, how do you do the wave cuts? The ones in the paper stuff only has the one set called "waves" I would like to choose my own paper rather than those blue and gree doted ones. Also would like to have more variation on the wave shapes or trangular shapes with a fancy edge.

Your so creative, I'm sure you will figure more out!

nie
            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
            !

nie

Comment

• Squeak
              • May 2006

Grrrr.... I still can't seem to get my shapes to work correctly. I made them larger and they are just not correct. They still either occasionally bleed through or won't shape the picture. I know this can be done. I refuse to give up!

Steve your shapes work fine. When I open yours in Photoshop and compare them to mine, they look the same ... but somewhere (maybe in the twilight zone) mine are different.

Comment

• srussell
                Digi Sage
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Squeak
                Grrrr.... I still can't seem to get my shapes to work correctly. I made them larger and they are just not correct. They still either occasionally bleed through or won't shape the picture. I know this can be done. I refuse to give up!

Steve your shapes work fine. When I open yours in Photoshop and compare them to mine, they look the same ... but somewhere (maybe in the twilight zone) mine are different.
                Squeak... How are you creating your shapes? Are you saving them as 24bit PNG's?
                sigpic

Comment

• Squeak
                  • May 2006

I started out in Photoshop with 8 bit, RGB, 800 x 800, 72 pixel image. After I created the shape, I merged all the shape parts together, rasterized, then filled the background with black. When I finish everythng is one one layer. I choose 'save as png'. I am not given a choice on 24 bit, so I can only assume that is what they are. The only option I get is 'Interlaced' and I have been choosing 'None'.
                  Did I miss a step?

Comment

• srussell
                    Digi Sage
                    • Feb 2006

Try changing the image mode in Photoshop to 24-bit RGB instead of 8-bit indexed before merging the layers... See if that works ... Then try "Export for Web" in Photoshop. You should have the options of GIF, JPG, PNG 8 and PNG 24 .. Maybe be slighty different depending on which version of PS you're using.

You could alos save the file as the PSD and convert it to PNG in another graphics programs like Fireworks or Debabelizer
                    sigpic

Comment

• Squeak
                      • May 2006

Steve

When I selected 'Save for Web' I did have the option for 24 bit PNG, but that didn't work.
                      I kept messing around with it and opened up the letters you sent me trying to figure out where they were differnt and I GOT IT!!

On your letters they were only one layer - the background layer. I opened up mine and flattened them into a background layer and it worked! I am so used to NOT flattening them that I didn't even think about that. Sometimes the simplest things will mess you up in the biggest ways.

Thanks for sticking with me on this one.

Comment

• srussell
                        Digi Sage
                        • Feb 2006

That's interesting... I usually just turn off the layers I'm not using (keeping only the parts I want visible ), then export as a PNG ... hey' whatever works, right?

Glad I could help!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Squeak
                          • May 2006

You wouldn't think it would make much difference, a picture with only one layer and a picture with only one layer named 'background', but it seems to be working now, so I am a happy camper!

Could be when you saved as png, it did that automatically, and mine didn't. I uploaded the template and we will see if it works for others. Then we can move on to some cool shapes!

Comment

Working...
                          X