+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Brazil!

Looks like a wonderful page. It is amazing how creative we are all becoming!
    You did a great job!

Marion

Thanks. I am still having little issues with the page, but overall I like how the shapes came out. Sometimes the cutout portion of the letters shows through as a faded area and I am not sure why. I have to go in and reapply the shape. Once I figure out why it is doing that, I'll upload the template.

Thumbs up Don't tease us Squeak

Time to pass on the secret to the custom shapes! I like the shapes we have in the program but would love to have the ability to shape my SCRAPS like I did in paper scrapping. I used to take paper and cut it in Triangle wedges with fancy siscers. Or Cut into DEEP waves. The waves we have on the program are already in a paper design, I would like to pic my own paper to do that and design my own shape of the wave.

nie

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak
    Thanks. I am still having little issues with the page, but overall I like how the shapes came out. Sometimes the cutout portion of the letters shows through as a faded area and I am not sure why. I have to go in and reapply the shape. Once I figure out why it is doing that, I'll upload the template.
    Squeak,
    Here's a thought... Try making your letter shapes in larger dimensions ( i.e. 600x600 or 800x800). That gives you more pixels to work with, smoother edges, etc. I'll see if I can whip up a couple of samples

Maybe that's the problem. I orignally did them full size in photoshop, then shrunk them down to 100 x 100 because that is the size of custom shapes in SBM. I thought they had to be that way. I will try them larger and see if I still have problems. Thanks for the tip.

Onie. Once I get mine working properly, I will pass along the info.

Try these... They're not exactly the same font style as yours, but I just tried them and they seems to be nice and crisp...
    Attached Files

Thanks for the shapes. I still want to figure out how to create them properly.

BTW .. There was no 'font style' to mine. I did them with rectangles, triangles, and a circle.

Default Anxious & Waiting

I made a file for the letter shapes within the embellishments. Can these be installed in the SHAPES area of the program? The area that you change the shape of pictures or scraps! If so, please tell where and how to do that!

I created the letter shape and then put it in the
    C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery\Images\Shapes\Objects
    directory. Then when I added a photo, I could select 'custom shape' and 'object' and my shape was in the list. The shapes I created were black and white, where the black portion is the cutout portion (your picture will not show on the black parts) and the white part will let your picture show through.

Anyway, that's is how I did it. Anyone else with any tips?

Thumbs up That is Cool Squeak

Somehow I missed that folder........... Now, how do you do the wave cuts? The ones in the paper stuff only has the one set called "waves" I would like to choose my own paper rather than those blue and gree doted ones. Also would like to have more variation on the wave shapes or trangular shapes with a fancy edge.

Your so creative, I'm sure you will figure more out!

nie