+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Taking a break- I wish everyone well.

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to pop in a note that I am taking a break from computer stuff for a while. I have been at my apartment for over nine years and all of the tenants around me have come and gone for several years and all of these units have been remodeled and now they have to get my unit up to standard.

I turned in my repairs and they got back to me that they want to remodel the whole thing top to bottom. So I am packing and moving most of my things into my garage unit in the next building. I have had about 2-3 hrs of sleep a day for over a week now trying to sort and box up all of this clutter! I now have to sort through what is in the garage too!

The manager said that it may lift my spirits to get it all under control again and 'spiff' it up a bit. She is hoping to recarpet and paint throughout. I have industrial grey square tile so maybe new linoleum flooring and new golden oak kitchen cabinets to replace the darl walnut plywood looking ones there now... My bathroom sink is shot, cracked and the stopper drain is not working so a new vanity and sink. They said they needed to redo the caulking around the tub and the shower needed new fixtures as the knobs are stripped and hard to turn. They even need me to empty the closets. OMGOSH! I am so overwhelmed. And I have hideous linen and plastic beige curtains at all four windows and all , I repeat, all of the rods do not work so they want to do horizontal blinds on the three wide windows and verticals on the patio.

I am trying to be happy about all of this but I am sitting here on the computer when I have just been in all of my closets and it looks like a tornado hit the place as I ran out of boxes sometime yesterday and I now have 5 more hours to go before they come in to do the official assessment. OMGosh!

On top of this I am still looking for work and am required to do job search 20 hrs a week. Man! I am exhausted.

And when I moved my shelving unit I found a surprise. There was a critter hole that needs to be sealed. EEWW!!! What a long haul of work.

So I wish everyone well in the next month or so.

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Sure hope all your work will be worth the end result. That sounds worse than moving and I have done far too much of that <packing is no fun> but I do like being able to go thru things and getting rid of stuff and cleaning. Hopefully all of the rest of your surprizes will be pleasant.

Computer breaks are great once in a while just remember to come back.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Things will be so new.wow you will luv this when it is all done.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

I know it is a pain right now, I don't envy that. But in the end it will be worth it. Good Luck in your search too!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I haven't moved in 20 years. Can you imagine the clutter around this place? LOL! So I sympathize with you but am glad it's you and not me! Just try to think of how nice it's going to be to come back to and keep your chin up! We'll miss you and be waiting here for when you get back! Hurry up and come back already!!
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Wink

Just think of this as an exercise to have a good old 'clear out'... I'm a 'minimalist' and just love clean lines. The word 'clutter' is not in my vocabulary!!!! LOL
    Keep smiling ~ if you can.

In the End, you will be so happy with the results. Wow, a whole new house make over, that will be great. Hang in there till then, we'll be thinking of you. HUGS!!!
    Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
    *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
    Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
    OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Crystal, I'm so excited for you! I've been living in a remodeling/construction zone for six years! I don't know if we will ever get done. I would love the luxury of having someone else do the work and make the payments. I hope everything turns out beautiful. It sounds like your apartment is WAY over do for some spiffing up!

Visit my blog at www.mrsjaybob.com

Enjoy it, Crystal. Like everyone said, this is a great opportunity. I'm always changing, remodeling, adjusting. My husband is ready to trade me in for a model that does'nt know what a hammer is.

So, view it as an adventure. Like Mary said, less is best. Get rid of anything that does not have to do with Scrapbooking, and organize the rest. You'll be so happy when it's over!!!

See ya in a month! Take pictures of the before and after. You'll be glad you did.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Oh hun you will appreciate it in the end I would dread the start but the end result would be so appreciated....you'll be so glad you went with the experience x
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa