+ Reply to Thread

Default Creating Transparent Files?

Hi there

I have been using sbm for about a week and I am completely stumped as to why I cannot create a transparent file. I am using Corel Draw and am fairly proficient, however I have not been able to figure this out for the life of me. I have looked through pages and pages here and tried different things, but am still unable to make it work.
    I have a photo that I have duplicated behind the original a few times and put them on different angles. Now, I am trying to save it as a .png with a transparent background.
    I went to 'Bitmaps' and converted it to 32-bit, then exported to a png file. The color mode only allows me to have a 24-bit or a bunch of other choices, but not 32, even though I used the pull down menu to switch it before I began the save process. During the save process it then goes to png export and you have the choice for transparency - none or image colour. Not sure which to use but I have tried both and neither seem to work.
    When I go to a sbm page that I am working on and then try to pull that photo to the page there is a white background.
    Please help, what am I doing wrong??

Hi Robin,
    SBM uses PNG-24 with alpha transparency. I don't use Corel Draw but in Photoshop Elements, I set the background as Transparent at the time I create a new file.

I've just developed a tutorial on creating text embellishments with transparent PNG which I'll upload that in a day or so. HTH.

Lee
    Lee Otsubo
    The Digital Photo Guy
    www.thedigitalphotoguy.com
    30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

Lee is correct. You need to export your embellishments from your paint program as a 32 bit PNG file (24 bit color + 8 bit alpha/transparency). That's the industry standard for transparent images - and Scrapbook MAX! works with it perfectly!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Default Searching for thread

After doing several searches, I cannot find the thread where Corey recommended free software called 'grit' for making transparencies. I would like to find it for my daughter. Hopefully someone will know what the web site is.

Thanks.

Actually it was called Gimp. No wonder you couldn't find it!
    Here is the link.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...highlight=Gimp

Marion

Default Thanks, Marion

Of course, no wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks for your help.

Thank for the link and the input, I will give the link a try to see if I can do it through there, but if anyone that uses Corel Draw could try it out to see if I am doing something wrong, I would like to know the solution.
    I attached the file (I think)that had been giving the problem.
    Thanks
    Attached Images

Your layout looks great, and what a cute little baby!!!!

Marion

I love your layout too!