Template: Groovy Too (Screen Resolution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Template: Groovy Too (Screen Resolution)

I'm still into the Groove thing - here's "Groovy Too" (clever, huh?)

Karin
    Attached Files
  • Corey
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2006

Far out man.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Jessica
      • Feb 2006

Makes me think of Austin Powers ! Love it !

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Yah - baby!

Comment

• ladybuggy
          • Mar 2006

Way Cool!! Love the colors... great job!

Comment

• Corey
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2006

It's an interesting color scheme. The opposite of blue is orange, and dark orange is brown so you basically have the strong relationship between blue and brown as a basis. The addition of green creates tension because the opposite of turquoise/seafoam is basically a very red orange. The tension creates interest. Also the high contrast here enhances that effect, so when you look at it you see only 2 colors even though there are 4-5 colors on the page, i.e. shadows, alternating lines in the blue texture, etc.

Anyhow it's definitely a strong statement which displays creative freedom. I like that. Too often aggressive color schemes get overlooked, which is a real shame IMO. Nature uses every color in every combination, so art should also. Fear no color!
            Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

Thanks, Corey! When I made the page, I of course wasn't considering all the things you explained, but it's really cool to learn why something "works" from a "technical" perspective.

What you said about the green was particularly interesting (the olive background) - I was originally trying to match the background exactly to the brown paper scrap so that I would only have two colours in my LO, but I liked how the green worked with the other colours, and how it kind of "morphed" into brown when the other paper scraps were placed on top of it.

I will definitely not fear colour as I scrap; every scrapper should boldly scrap where no scrapper has scrapped before!

Karin

Comment

• angelfaye
                • Mar 2007

thank you so much !!! these are just great!!!
                Love and Light to you and yours
                Faye
                xx

sigpic

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

WoW Karin you did these a year ago and I have never seen them. Thank you. Love the blue
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
                  X