+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Well, the house was completed ahead of schedule despite the rain and the family appeared to be in shock when they saw the house and were crying (Per picture in paper). The crowd of people was something. They were turning people away because it was too crowded. The house is amazing.

The paper said the family is being given gas, grocery and retail gifts and some of the cash donations are going towards the mortgage on the original house.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

OMG, Now the News on TV just said that Full scholarships have been donated for all 11 kids. (Hope they all want to go to college) The family was just beeming on TV. I guess I would be too.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Despite that some family can't afford these homes after a year or so, I bet lots of them can... and I do love this show, it ALWAYS has a happy ending at the end of the show. Glad you got to see this unfold in your neighborhood! Once the trucks and all those peeps go home, get down there and get us some pics! LOL

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Well I never got over there to get a picture, but our paper just put a better picture of it in Today. Hopefully I won't get my hands slapped for using it, but here is the home from Extreme Makeover in Toledo. They printed all the names of the volunteers in the paper today, wow were there a lot! We haven't heard the date it will be on TV yet, all I know is in November sometime. They built this house in 99 hours.
    Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I was out of town on business this weekend and ended up having breakfast with the grandmother of the child that a house was built for here in South Dakota last fall. Same kind of story as the family in Idaho. The family has huge medical bills and cannot afford to put propane in the tank to heat the house. The taxes are killing them. The grandmother was not sure what was going to happen. Her grand daughter has taken a turn in her health. Her name is Sierra, please keep her in your prayers. I'll pray for the other recipient families to have better luck with this type of marvelous gift.

Visit my blog at www.mrsjaybob.com