+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mary... She had those done last week!!

Where have you been?

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Mary-Extreme Makeover did start with making over peoples bodies-such as lypo suction, dental work, etc--but this is actually called Extreme Makeover--Home edition. And yes they are spectacular. In fact when the home edition first started they just renovated your home and added on to it--but they never do that anymore-they rebuild you a brand new spectacular home!!!!
    Sue-make sure you get pix!! They were here two years ago and I even knew the family whose house they did. BUT I didn't know them well enough where I could get a tour of the finished home--but I did know them!!hahahaha!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Well, it's pouring down rain. Hopefully it will stop so they can work on the house. We really needed the rain though.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I hadn't looked at the paper yet when I made the last post. There is a picture of the house in the paper and it looks like it is going to be very nice. (Don't think I am suppose to use a picture from the paper I am sure the photographer wouldn't like it) The roof is shingled and the siding is partially up in the picture, but it may be done now. So it looks like most of the work left is inside. The paper says they will hand over the keys on Sunday. Wow, they can sure build a house fast when they have that many workers. The paper says they had about 3000 volunteers for different things including Police, Fire Crews and Paramedics, even massage therapists. I forgot to mention earlier that the father of the family is a fireman. My friends husband might know him, he is a retired fireman.

The old house was valued at about $130 thousand. The new house is estimated to be valued at about $500 thousand. The family is curently at Disney World which is paid for by the show. Furniture is being donated for the home. (Should mention that this area has affordable realestate, not like parts of California, the east coast and other area's where it is high).

I will update later when I have more info. I can't wait to see this on TV.
    Last edited by sacannon; 09-12-2008 at 07:51 AM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I "Googled" it and found some photos... Hope I can do the same when they're finished...!!!

They built a House last year in our valley for a family that needed a special air system for their children. It was very exciting & promoted heavily in our area. Could not believe the turnout. It was wonderful.
    However, it was announced this summer that the family was going to have to put the house up for sale as the family could not afford it. That part of it was tough to hear....

That is terrible... It's a shame they can do all this stuff for a family, and to end up losing everything is soo sad. Some people dont realize how much it cost to maintain a house like that size, the bigger it is the more the utilities are. And in the end you lose everything. A terrible shame!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Some people were asking that question. They asked about the taxes. They couldn't predict how much but they said posibly in 2010 the taxes would go up and they didn't know how it would affect the other homes in the area. There are a couple of fund raisers going on to collect for the family.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

It's not fair for them to have to sell the house. Why build a house for a family in need and to build it to suit their needs only to lose it because you can't afford the utilities and taxes??? How can this happen. I thought they take all that into consideration and try to provide for that. Sooo sad. Maybe they should publicize(sp?) that too and get all kinds of publicity out there to show that the family is losing the beautiful home built for them just a year later. My heart goes out to them.
    Last edited by pkdoll; 09-12-2008 at 09:35 PM.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

I agree Paula. I suppose that should all be taken into consideration before everything is signed and sealed.

The family was suppose to have been give the keys to the home between 1:30 and 3:30. I haven't been watching local TV to see if it was televised or not.

I just found this on one of the local TV stations sites:

Special airs Wednesday night on 13abc
    This Wednesday, September 17, at 8 p.m., 13abc will broadcast a one-hour special entitled, "Wendy's Extreme Makeover Home Edition: Building the Dream."
    Hosted by Diane Larson and Lee Conklin, the program will take a look back at the week of the build in Toledo, the challenges faced and those who volunteered their time to make the new Frisch home a reality.
    In addition, we will have comments from the family about being chosen, the person who nominated them for this.

There are some pics of the work site on the internet if you google it. You have to look through a bunch of links to find one with the most current view of the house. The link with the current view (as of yesterday) mentions the rain we were getting. Sorry, I wish I could put the link here. Look for a thread that says Toledo that might help.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]