+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Extreme Makeover

I forgot to mention that Extreme Makeover is in Toledo right now! There were 4 families original up for the show, They picked one and they have torn down the old house and started building a new one. It is only about 15 minutes from me. They encourage anyone to come and watch. People are sitting on rooftops watching the house go up. They are a couple of hours behind schedule right now. So far the weather has been good, but the next couple of days are predicted to have rain. That might put them more behind schedule. They are suppose to complete it in 106 hours and work from 8am to 8pm. They set up a parking area at the nearby Banner Mattress Store and shuttle people to the site.

The family they chose has 11 boys. 3 are biological, the rest are adopted. Some of them came from Haiti.
    The old house was a 3 bedroom ranch style house. They are building a two storey 4000 square foot 5 bedroom five bath home.

The show is going to be aired in November sometime. They havent set the date yet.

I am getting ready to go to an appointment in that area. I hope I get through!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Oh Sue this is so neat.I would be parked in my lawn chair and taking pictures.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

A lot of people are taking pictures and some are trying to get autographs from the stars of the show.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Wow, Sue, how exciting. Will we see you on TV in the crowd come November?? LOL
    Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
    *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
    Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
    OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

NAW, I wouldn't wait 3 hrs in line to catch the shuttle over. I went past the parking area today on the way home from my appointment and it was full. They had a food vender set up in the parking lot. On the radio they said there was a line up for the shuttle and one woman waited 3 hrs. You are not alowed to drive to the house, it is blocked off accept for people who live on the street.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

That would be neat to watch...Hey Crops, bring the popcorn and lets go...<wink>
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

When I saw "extreme makeover" I thought you might have gone out &
    • had a 'punk' hairdo,
    • couple of tattoos (sp) and
    • a bit of body piercing...!!!

LOL LOL LOL

My son has the tv channel which shows your USA 'Extreme Makeover' programmes & WOW... what a show.

Sorry to disappoint you Mary, LOL! As soon as they tell us when it will air, I will let everyone know. This is day five of construction and I guess the sides are up and the roof is on....I don't know about the shingles???
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

What fun!
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Got the popcorn.... I am ready to go.....when is the next bus available??? lol

Hey Sue, quick get down there, make a scene, throw some popcorn... I am sure they will keep the cameras rollin and we will ALL get to see you on TV.....hahaha
    Give Ty a kiss from all of us....man, he sure is a CUTIE!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin