• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandramarie
    • Oct 2006

HELP HELP PLEASE as i love my prodram

hi agian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi again i am on my other laptop it has xp on it YESSSSSS
    lol
    and all things ared working
    back to the new one with vista not worrking
    and i turned the avg off and nothing happened all the same
    this is what it shows me when i go to put things on a blank page

Access violation at address 036E2690. Write of address 000000006.

hugs sandra xx
  • simone
    • Jan 2008

Vista

You've probably fixed your problem now but just letting you know that my new computer is also vista and I'm not having any troubles what so ever running scrapbook max.....

Comment

• sandramarie
      • Oct 2006

hi Simone nice to meet you
      No i have not fixed it yet as i am so stuck and do not know what to do
      hug's sandra

Comment

• TNLori
        Mad Scrapper
        • Nov 2007

The tried and true fix is usually to uninstall ScrapbookMAX, then reinstall it. If any of the files got corrupted, that would fix them. Don't worry about losing your scrapbooks that you've already done - they'll be right where you left them.

If that doesn't work, holler for Desmond.
        Lori in Tennessee
        Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• sandramarie
          • Oct 2006

Hi TNLon thank you for your answer i will do that again and see what happens
          May i ask who is Desmond
          hug's sandra

Comment

• sandramarie
            • Oct 2006

hi there i took it off and it still has the error report
            Goodness me
            what to do
            hug's sandra

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Leave a thread and address it to Desmond.He will see it and help you.
              sigpic
              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• sandramarie
                • Oct 2006

hi there

hi again i have taken it off and put it back on
                and still no diff
                i hope that the call i did to Desmon was ok
                hug's Sandra
                thank you again

Comment

• TNLori
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Nov 2007

Hi Sandra,

Desmond is our resident SBM program guru. He's helped a lot of people troubleshoot their systems to help SBM work right. I know the first thing usually suggested is the uninstall/reinstall. Since that didn't work, he'll probably have some questions for you, then some more suggestions of things to try. He'll help you figure it out.
                  Lori in Tennessee
                  Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• sandramarie
                    • Oct 2006

hi Lori
                    i got hubby to look and then put what he did on the email i got and then we sent it back
                    i must be going crazy but i still have hair on my head as i have not pulled that out yet (comming )
                    i will be glad to get this up and going
                    hug's Sandra

Comment

• derfh
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sandramarie View Post
                      hi Lori
                      i got hubby to look and then put what he did on the email i got and then we sent it back
                      i must be going crazy but i still have hair on my head as i have not pulled that out yet (comming )
                      i will be glad to get this up and going
                      hug's Sandra
                      Hi Sandra i am a new member and have just seen your problem, I think the solution could be (note the could be) :-) , that it is a compatability thing.
                      So try RIGHT BUTTON clicking on the Scrabook Maxi icon and then choose Properties this opens the properties window and one of the tabs on the right says Compatibility, choose this and then tick the box next to the run this program in compatibility mode and then from the dropdown menu choose Windows XP, Then choose OK and then try it. Hope it helps

Comment

• derfh
                        • Sep 2008

XP Compatibility problem

Hi Sandra i am a new member and have just seen your problem, I think the solution could be (note the could be) :-) , that it is a compatability thing.
                        So try RIGHT BUTTON clicking on the Scrabook Maxi icon and then choose Properties this opens the properties window and one of the tabs on the right says Compatibility, choose this and then tick the box next to the run this program in compatibility mode and then from the dropdown menu choose Windows XP, Then choose OK and then try it. Hope it helps

Comment

• Desmond
                          Resident Geek
                          • Jan 2006

Hello Sandramarie,

I'm sorry it's taken me a few days to respond -- I was taking a little vacation.

I understand you've been communicating with us via email -- that's perfect!

Regarding your Vista issue (And vista issues in general) ... Scrapbook MAX! *is* vista compatible. Most of our Vista users experience no issues with Scrapbook MAX!. With that being said, we are aware that a small number of Scrapbook MAX! users (such as yourself) are experiencing issues.

Thus far we have been unable to replicate these issues 'in house', however we are compiling a list of as many details as possible. If we can identify a common sypmtom, we're more likely to be able to track down the root cause.

Thank-you for your patience -- and know that we are working to identify and solve this for you!

For anyone else experiencing Vista-related issues -- please email Gracie (gracie [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com). Include as much detail as possible including (but not limited to):
                          • Version of SBMAX you're using if you can (Help > About in the software)
                          • Exact text of error messages
                          • Screenshots where appropriate / possible
                          • What you were doing when the issue occurred
                          • ANY other software running (internet Explorer, Virus scanner, firewall, etc) -- brand, software name, version, etc
                          • System specifications (how much ram, what type / speed of processor, brand / model of computer, etc etc)
                          • Operating system (Vista, what service pack?)
                          • Anything else that may set your system / setup apart from anyone elses.

The more details you can provide, the greater the chance of us identifying a commonality between those of you experiencing issues.

Sincerely,
                          Desmond.
                          |

Comment

• eye
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

I have to agree with Desmond.Though I hate my VISTA --SCRAPBOOK MAX works well with this window.
                            sigpic
                            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                            X