• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grekich
    • Jul 2006

Please Help

How can I Change the defaut directory for saving projects & templates from
    C:/ My Documents/scrapbookmax! To D:/ My Documents/scrapbookmax!
    I am running out of space on my C: partition, and have a lot of space on D
    Please Help
    George
  • Squeak
    • May 2006

I have not found anywhere in the program to change the location of your files. Maybe in the update the is coming out, that will be an option.

Comment

• Lee
      • Jun 2006

I don't think the current version supports this. For the moment, the solution is to drag n' drop your scrapbookmax! folder to a folder on your D: drive.

If your C: and D: drives are really partitions on a single physical drive, you might use a program like Partition Commander to repartition your drive. There are also shareware/freeware programs that do this but, as always, perform a complete disk image before mucking with disk partitions. HTH.
      Lee Otsubo
      The Digital Photo Guy

30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

Comment

• Brett
        • Jan 2006

You can change the default project save location by doing the following:

- In the folder ...\Application Data\IndigoRose\Scrapbook MAX! (usually something like ("C:\Documents and Settings\<<YourName>>\Application Data\IndigoRose\Scrapbook MAX!") find the file "Preferences.xml"
        - Open the file in a text editor (such as Notepad).
        - Change the value between the "<ProjectBaseFolder></ProjectBaseFolder>" tags to be the alternate location.
        - Save the file.
        - Move your projects from one place to the other.

If you just generally want to move your "My Documents" folder on your system, do the following:

- Open Windows Explorer
        - Right click on the "My Documents" folder and choose Properties
        - On the Target tab, click the "Move..." button and choose a different location (make the "D:\My Documents" folder before hand).

This will permanently move the My Documents folder to the different drive.
        Brett Kapilik
        Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Lorne
          Super Moderator
          • Jan 2006

If you're on Windows XP and you want to move your My Documents folder to another drive, you can also just move the actual My Documents folder to the new location, and Windows will adjust itself automatically.

One easy way to move a folder is to press the Shift key, drag the folder to its new location, and then release the Shift key.

Holding Shift down when you drag a folder to another drive moves the folder (and all of its contents), instead of just making a copy.

Oh, and a few other points:
          • a lot of things use My Documents to store files, so make sure the drive has enough room on it for everything
          • don't move My Documents onto an external hard drive - it's an important folder and it needs to be there whenever Windows starts up
          • the default location of My Documents is perfectly fine for most people, so don't think you need to move it anywhere unless you're running out of space
          • don't forget you can always just make room on the C: drive by deleting stuff you don't need any more
          Last edited by Lorne; 08-02-2006, 08:49 AM.
          Lorne ( )
          Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• Brett
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Brett
            You can change the default project save location by doing the following:

- In the folder ...\Application Data\IndigoRose\Scrapbook MAX! (usually something like ("C:\Documents and Settings\<<YourName>>\Application Data\IndigoRose\Scrapbook MAX!") find the file "Preferences.xml"
            - Open the file in a text editor (such as Notepad).
            - Change the value between the "<ProjectBaseFolder></ProjectBaseFolder>" tags to be the alternate location.
            - Save the file.
            - Move your projects from one place to the other.
            Heh. Actually, we discovered yesterday here at the office that that "fix" doesn't work right now. However, we will be making a way to do it in the next service release.
            Brett Kapilik
            Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• moweiss
              • Nov 2006

Default File Save Location

Hello,

Just wondering if this issue has been resolved... (Ability to change default project save location). It is quite surprising that the version I purchased does not have this basic functionality.

Generally, I save all data to my D: drive and only use the C: drive for program installations (easier to backup whole D: drive and data storage is safer off of the vulnerable C: drive).

I purchased Scrapbook Max in November 2006 and I am not sure if any software updates have been issued since.

Any updates on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monica

Comment

• grannywin
                Layout Whiz
                • Sep 2006

Several of us have offered that suggestion in the past. I sincerely hope it is added to future updates. Many of us store the goodies on an external drive to save space and it becomes an extra step to browse for a file.

I think Drag and Drop is another solution that many people use to make it easier to use the files on another drive.

By the way, welcome to your first posting. Hope to see you add more questions or comments in the future.
                Last edited by grannywin; 12-11-2007, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

I store most scrapbook files on my external harddrive. I use the drag and drop method since it is so much faster. I also copy all my published files to my external HD

Comment

• moweiss
                    • Nov 2006

I received a notification about one service pack (sbmax_1.0.6.1_patch.exe). Have there been any other updates in the last year? Any word on when Indigo Rose may issue a newer version?

Comment

Working...
                    X