• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nancystrickland
    • Aug 2008

I'm Confussed, please HELP!!!

Hi
    Nancy Strickland here again form Maine. I am a bit confussed on a few things. I am so new and I haven't had much time to play around and I am not the most patient person and sometimes I don't take the time to get to know my programs or whatever else is going on. I love the easy layouts but being new I ahve a ton of questions and hopefully that will clear the confussion in my head.
    #1 How to I make a new post? I know this sounds weird as I am now posting but I went back in under introduce myself, is this where I need to be or should I be someplace diffrent?

#2 How do I read my replyies?

#3 Where is eveyone getting those really neat pictures that are by peoples names? I would like to update my file so I have something cute to look at and not just my name! I would also like to add people to my friends list, How do I do this?

#4 I have a friend getting married and I made some balnk pages, like 4 or 5 diffrent albums. Can I combine ablums so that when you put it on the disk it doesn't tell you have no more room or disk is no rewriteable and it is a brand new disk, with only 8 pages saved on it so I know there is much more room.

#5 I Have printed out a couple pages and it doesn't seem to fill the page, can this be done. I'd really like to make 12 x 12 pages and I don't know how to do this?

#6 I have some photos that I have saved onto disk over the years and I want to be able to upload them with ease, is there a way to do this?

I don't want to overwheelmed everyone with questions, so I will stop there, though I have many more, I'll probably get them answered as I go. This would be a great big help and much apprecaited. I guess I am having a blonde Moment or the over 40 thingy not sure.

I love looking at all the great ideas everyone has, some people are so talented and I hope to be good at this someday!
    Thanks
    Nancy
    Nancy Strickland
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Hi Nancy, welcome to the forum. Well, I'll try to answer one or two, but I'm sure the gurus will be by shortly to put their 50 cents in... (Inflation, you know)!

1) If you have a general question about scrapbooking, go to the General Discussion area, press the New Thread button, and start yackading. If you have a question about templates, embellishments, new products, etc, just go to the section with those headings. The NRTS, or something like that is for all of us just to talk about anything we are concerned about, or just to shoot the breeze. Be careful, there is a lot or malarky flying aroung in that section!!

2) When you first open the website, you will see that there are some subjects in darker red. That means someone has anwered or started a new thread. Open that section, click on the subject that interest you or that you started, and you can read what others wrote.

3)Are you talking about the green placard with the picture in the center? I make those for members that are insane enough to move to our Scrapsville town. You have to open an imaginary business, like Knzus, who sells nothing but dead flowers, or you can open a bead and breakfast like Onie did. Under Scrapsville, post a reply asking the mayor to give you a business license for your new business, ask the local realtor to sell you a house, and then let me know what the name of the business is, and I will make you a citizenship certificate (placard). We don't want unemployeed bumms in our town, so you have to go through the procedures. And we are not totally crazy, we actually help each other in times of need.

4) Don't know this one. I don't scrap!

5) Go to the Page label on the tool bar over the work area, then click on Settings. Here, you can pick the size of your page. I don't print things, so you have to wait for more info on this.

6) Open Windows Explorer and Max, and put them side by side. Use the little box on the top right corners of the programs to make the windows smaller. Then, in Explorer, navigate to the directory and folder where your pictures hang out. When you see a picture you like, click it and holding the left button on your mouse, drag the image to Max. There is a tutorial under frequently asked questions about this.

7) When every thing else fails, read the help manual!!!

8) We are delighted to have you with us, and we never get tired of your questions, just the silly, dumb answers you will get most of the time!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• crops2dawn
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

#3 I think you mean by the our names, its called an avatar and you go to your userCP and put one in there. I think SBM has some or you can search avatars on google. Then you must put it on a hosting site like photobucket, copy the image code, then paste the code in the avatar spot in SBM.

I think granny has covered everything else rather well.
      Oh by the way Welcome Aboard!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

And your avatar can be your own picture. Just make sure it is small enough. The size you can upload is listed in user cp.

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Ops, sorry, I misread #3.

In the same place where you upload your avatar, there is a place where you can add names to your friends list, and send them a request.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• pickngrin
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2008

3)Are you talking about the green placard with the picture in the center? I make those for members that are insane enough to move to our Scrapsville town. You have to open an imaginary business, like Knzus, who sells nothing but dead flowers, or you can open a bead and breakfast like Onie did. Under Scrapsville, post a reply asking the mayor to give you a business license for your new business, ask the local realtor to sell you a house, and then let me know what the name of the business is, and I will make you a citizenship certificate (placard). We don't want unemployeed bumms in our town, so you have to go through the procedures. And we are not totally crazy, we actually help each other in times of need.

I wanna be in Scrapsville, is that possible? I don't even know where or what it is but it sounds fun.
            I could open up a Photo Shop (get it? Photoshop? )

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• Nancystrickland
              • Aug 2008

Less Confussed Now

Hi everyone,
              thanks for your help and replies, it is greatly apprecaited and I am sure will be very helpful. I think I was talking about the avatars (which I had never heard of before) but I aactually learned that I can open up my own business a get a green placard too! That is so cool, I've always wanted to open my own business and now the possiblity of having my dream come true is wonderful, thanks SBM!! I am really ecitted to put my new knodledge to good use, well at least that is the plan! Thanks again eveyone!
              Talk to you soon!
              Nancy Strickland
              Nancy Strickland

Comment

• Nancystrickland
                • Aug 2008

I'd like to know what I ahve to do to open my own business?!
                Nancy Strickland
                Nancy Strickland

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Thanks, Mellanie, for pointing the girls in the right direction. We definetely need new blood in town. You should have mentioned to stay off the town fountain, as that is Steve's private tub. And whatever you do, DO NOT MENTION THE APES, and don't you dear link them to me!!!

As soon as I see the right paperwork, and receive a couple of mug shots, I will make the citicenship placards.

sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Oh, my word, you're not going to believe this, but I had not seen the blog! I just saw the pictures in the forum. Thank you so much. What an awesome thing to do.

Thank you all again. And yes, I was totally surpriced! Never had a clue. You guys are a wonderful bunch of.... of... ah........ FRIENDS!!!

sigpic

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

Oh, Granny! You nut! LOL! I can't believe we did all that and you hadn't seen it! <rotfl> Did you see your "hot air" balloon?
                      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Granny
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Mar 2006

Hot air ballon? Where? When? Are you trying to tell me something?

I didn't see no sticking air ballon!!!

sigpic

Comment

• crops2dawn
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

Granny I cannot believe you never saw the blog!!! That is tooo funny!

Love your avatar Nancy...glad you understood all that!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Nope! I only saw the wonderful pages in our thread NRSB. Shows you how retarded I am.

sigpic

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                              Digi Sage
                              • Nov 2007

Ok, Granny! Ive uploaded your parade layout to the gallery. Here it is! See? You're a hot air balloon!

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                              X