X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahler
    • Aug 2008

Drag & Drop

Can anyone tell me why i can't drag and drop embellishments from my folders to my scrap page,i have watched the tutorial but it won't do it when i try ,and i am not sure why?

Many thanks to Sylvia Esther for making my blinkies for me.
  • KPierce
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2007

Not all file types will drag and drop. What is the file name? Is this XP or Vista?
    Last edited by KPierce; 08-30-2008, 07:09 PM.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• mahler
      • Aug 2008

Hi,I have windows XP and the files are jpeg and png but neither of them will drag and drop,even the ones in the SBM own files won't drag and drop, do you think it can be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to help with this hopefully minor problem. Joan

Comment

• KPierce
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2007

Can you drag and drop anything? Can you drag and drop a photo? Try drag and drop from the desktop.
        My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• mahler
          • Aug 2008

Hi,thank you for helping.
          If i open my computer folder, and go to my files from there i have now found i can drag and drop that way,but not by clicking on - ( my embellishment ,photo's etc.) I tried from desktop and that didnt work either.
          I can cope with this, but still can not do it by using the SBM toolbar or right clicking as it says in the tutorial.

It is still quicker for me as i have saved lots of freebies and it was taken ages each time i wanted to use one of these.

Hope this makes sense?
          Joan

Comment

• KPierce
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2007

Joan, are you saying you click on the red heart from the ScrapBook Max toolbar and there is where you try to drag and drop? I can not drag and drop from there. If you use one of those icons on the tool bar when the window opens then you select the item by mouse click and OK or double mouse click. I don't know about a right mouse clicking. What tutorial did you watch?

If that is not what you said you were doing sorry, please explain again.
            My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• mahler
              • Aug 2008

Hello again
              The tutorial i watched was from video tutorial, embellishments, if i try to follow that i can't do it that way.

It seems much quicker to drag and drop than to click on the item you want and select, then go back in for another picture or embellishment.

Sorry if i am confusing you i am finding it quite hard to expalin what i mean.

Thank you for being so patient and listening to me though.

Joan

Comment

• KPierce
                Layout Whiz
                • Nov 2007

I watched the video and I can do everything in that video. When you watch the video there is a time stamp on the screen. Tell me the time stamp from the portion of the video where you can not do drag n drop. Then maybe I can understand and help.
                My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• mahler
                  • Aug 2008

The only way i can drag and drop from my folder is to go to Start - my documents then open the files where i store my embellishments ,i cant find a quicker way is this how you are doing it. It works OK like this but i wondered if i was doing it right.

Comment

• KPierce
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2007

I do it that way. I have a shortcut on my desktop to the folder that contains all my different folders with embellishments, papers, etc. When I click the shortcut, it opens my main folder, then I choose the next folder and an item. Yes, I can drag and drop from there. It sounds to me like yours works correctly to me.
                    My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• mahler
                      • Aug 2008

Thats brilliant,Thank you for your help - your emails prompted me to look at it more thoroughly. I can now get on with making my pages a lot quicker. Once again Thank you for your help and patience. Joan

Comment

• eye
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Jul 2006

I very seldom use scrapbook max for embellishements etc.I moved everything that I want in a file in my documents.Then I drag and drop.So much faster to do it this way.Good luck
                        sigpic
                        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• leelika08
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by mahler View Post
                          Hi,I have windows XP and the files are jpeg and png but neither of them will drag and drop,even the ones in the SBM own files won't drag and drop, do you think it can be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to help with this hopefully minor problem. Joan
                          Can you drag and drop anything? Can you drag and drop a photo? Try drag and drop from the desktop.

My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• mh51
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by eye View Post
                            I very seldom use scrapbook max for embellishements etc.I moved everything that I want in a file in my documents.Then I drag and drop.So much faster to do it this way.Good luck
                            Me to Eye, to me that's the simplest way to use SBM. xxx

Comment

• makeyesup
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jun 2006

Me 3, drag and drop is the only way to go. To me, that's much easier to find what I want to use.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

Working...
                              X