+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freebies share?

Default Freebies share?

Hi Guys!
    I just want to know if we can share our templates made with the freebies stuff we download in the web. (ex, www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com)
    Thanks!
    Ciao
    Wendy

I read their licensing agreement and I think you are allowed to upload your template, but not redistribute the elements. Basically you can upload to the picture gallery as long as you say "I got this cool stuff from Free Digital Scrabooking", but you cannot share your templates.

Free Digital Scrapbooking
    Licensing Agreement

1. This license grants the purchaser/user the right to copy, modify, and use the items in their own personal or non-profit work. Items may not be redistributed or sold. This includes websites, CD/DVD, and printed copies.

3. You may submit layouts created using our products to crafting magazines, crafting & scrapbooking galleries on the internet, and contests, as long as you include a credit to freedigitalscrapbooking.com for the elements used.

Thanks a lot Squeak
    For a minute i guess that the freebebies could be shared in templates, they are free! for qverybody but its ok
    Grazie mille
    wendy

Default Thanks for the website!

Wendy:

Thanks so much for giving us the website where you found freebies. I've been doing a lot of surfing to find freebies, but I never came across this site. I'm looking forward to looking through it more thoroughly when I have some time. Here are some other sites to check out:

www.digitalscrapbookplace.com (this one is my favorite)
    www.gauchogirl.com
    www.spaceraven.net
    www.designerdigitals.com
    www.scrapgirls.com
    www.cottagearts.net
    www.escrappers.com

I hope you all enjoy these sites. I certainly have!

I used to think .. 'hey it was free, what can't I share???' but some people are funny about their stuff.

Hi kiddies....

There are several reasons why people do not want you to share their freebies, but here are two that come to mind...

1) There are many dishonest people on the net that will have no problem about using, abusing, misusing and even selling the stuff you have made and claim it as their own. They love to say... Oh, I just made this, here, you can have it.... Well, all they did was take someone else's work, take out the background, and post it where others will never know where it really came from. They get the glory, the money, and you get a bill for your bandwidth from your server.

2) Most freebies are given away as a means to have you visit their site, so that hopefully, you will fall in love with their work and buy some of the stuff they offer for sale. I you share it with others, they have no reason to visit the site and the sites looses moeny, including the cost of hosting and maintaining the site, the domain name, etc. I doubt very seriously that there are many rich people on the net doing this for fun and for free. At least, I'm not able to. As much as I would love to give my work away, the Infernal Revenue Service and my creditors insist on me paying my bills every month. Imagine that, the nerve of those idiots. So here I am, wanting to give it to you for free, and having to charge you so I can live! I can't go out of my house and work for health reasons, so I don't have a choice.

Well, sorry, I did not mean for this to turn into a lecture. All you ladies here are fabulous when it comes to respecting copyright issues, etc. I just wanted to share a little insight why we are so touchy about our work.

Hope you still like me, I sure like you!

Granny
    Last edited by Granny; 07-31-2006 at 01:52 PM.

PAtH
    thank you for the web sites, the true is i got that site here, someone else share it first some months ago, so THANKSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Granny is true there is a lot of dishonest people in the net who makes money with the job of others, thank you !
    Ciao

Wendy

Default Moonbeam!?!?!

Your being quiet today!

You provided a link to a beautiful site that has Victorian embellishments and goodies. I believe that was several months ago. I remember it was a one time charge to join then you get unlimited downloads. I would really like to get that membership now. Could you please share the link again. I am working on another computer and lost that link.

Thanks bunches,

nie

Default Generous designers

Granny:

I am very grateful for all the designers like yourself that share some freebies with us. I can certainly understand why those freebies can't just be distributed with no restrictions. Thanks for your generosity!

It is Mangels design, and they truly have some nice stuff there. I bought a membership a while ago, and for what you get, it is a great price.
    The link is in the "topscrap sites" right above our scrapbook max community.

Marion