• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pickngrin
    Layout Whiz
    • Jul 2008

I have to share

This is something that makes me smile, it makes me very happy and now I pass it on to you, my new friends.

It is a recipe for sausage dip that is truly the easiest thing to make EVER and it is addicting. I can eat almost a whole big bowl (I regret it later) but ahhhhh. lovely.

1 pkg. Jimmy Dean SAGE sausage
    1 pkg. Jimmy Dean REGULAR sausage
    1 (or 2 depending on taste) can of Rotel tomatoes (I use regular, but they come in mild and HOT.
    2 pkgs. Cream cheese (DO NOT USE FAT FREE, IT DOESN"T TASTE AS GOOD

Brown both sausages together, drain if needed. While still warm add the cream cheese and drained can of tomatoes. Mix together and enjoy with Tostitos Scoops (or a spoon or ladle)

I'm telling you this stuff is good and only takes about 10 minutes to make.

So there ya go, give it a try. Your taste buds can thank me later, HA HA!
    I think this is an old recipe but I got it from my sister in law.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Yummmmyyyyy.....I'm gonna have to give this a try...sounds too easy not to.
    I have a sausage dip myself... I dont know the actual measurements, I just add till it looks ok.

2 pkgs. Jimmy Dean Sausage
    1 block velvetta cheese
    1 can of beer

Cook sausage, drain. Add all ingredients to a small crock pot and wala....DIP.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• pickngrin
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
      Yummmmyyyyy.....I'm gonna have to give this a try...sounds too easy not to.
      I have a sausage dip myself... I dont know the actual measurements, I just add till it looks ok.

2 pkgs. Jimmy Dean Sausage
      1 block velvetta cheese
      1 can of beer

Cook sausage, drain. Add all ingredients to a small crock pot and wala....DIP.
      And I may have to try that one. My husband would like this one, just got to make sure my son stays out of this one. lol

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• crops2dawn
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Actually the alcohol evaporates as it cooks, or I wouldnt be able to eat it myself.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2007

Can't wait to try this! I don't know about the beer. I've never tasted it but it smells like rotten food to me. Can you use cooking wine or does it have to be beer?
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

Yummy!!! It sounds so goood. Will have to try this one too.

*Mel you wont taste the beer-it cooks out. I used to sell "Tastefully Simple" products and their registered trademark was beer bread. You add one can of beer to the batter and top with melted butter and bake-you don't taste the beer and we sold bunches of it. You could make it a sweet bread too by adding mountain dew to it instead of beer.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
              Yummy!!! It sounds so goood. Will have to try this one too.

*Mel you wont taste the beer-it cooks out. I used to sell "Tastefully Simple" products and their registered trademark was beer bread. You add one can of beer to the batter and top with melted butter and bake-you don't taste the beer and we sold bunches of it. You could make it a sweet bread too by adding mountain dew to it instead of beer.
              You got to be kidding me Doll!!!! I have TONS of that stuff in my closet.... I love Tastefully Simple and that beer bread is to die for!!!! It may be getting late, but now I gotta go make some.....lol

Comment

• kmgoff30
                • Jul 2006

I use this recipe ALL THE TIME!!! It's a hit at all my friends parties! As a matter of fact, they are now making it and I'm stuck with figuring out something new!

Comment

• Winnie49
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Mar 2006

yummmmyy it sounds sooooo good!!!!! but here i dont have those ingredients ( i love them!!!!! but my husband brougth me last year a couple of bottles of syrup for my french toasts and the ranch that it!!!! maybe its time to go to the states?????
                  baci
                  wendy
                  Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Well I would try it but I don't think England stocks the ingredients
                    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• crops2dawn
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                      Well I would try it but I don't think England stocks the ingredients
                      What do ya need eng?? I'll send it to ya!!!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Winnie49 View Post
                        yummmmyy it sounds sooooo good!!!!! but here i dont have those ingredients ( i love them!!!!! but my husband brougth me last year a couple of bottles of syrup for my french toasts and the ranch that it!!!! maybe its time to go to the states?????
                        baci
                        wendy
                        YES! And when you come, you have to make one of Granny's "Around the States in 10 Days" kinda trips so you can get around to see all of us from coast to coast!
                        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                        X