• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNLori
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2007

Finding lost photos

We've had a bit of excitement at our house recently. A water line came loose in the basement and flooded it - 2" deep in some spots. We got the water out and the line fixed, and now we have several Noah's Flood alarms installed (I kid you not, that is what they're called), but we had tons of cardboard boxes *everywhere*, and after the great household flood, they were *soggy* cardboard boxes.

So, I've spent the last week sorting through boxes and boxes of soggy stuff. A lot just got thrown out. Truth be told, it needed to go a long time ago. But, I did manage to save most of the pictures I found, which is a real blessing - most of them are from my husband's days in the service, and from his daughters school days.

The pictures in these layouts are some of the proofs from Jessica's senior pictures. I saved all of them, woohoo! I'll need to do a couple more layouts to put them all into layouts. I used "Making Memories" from Angelwithin's SBM store. I'm also experimenting with a "Less is More" approach, introduced to me in the white space challenge. I really like the clean, simpleness of it.

This first one is one of her templates.

These were done with the kit. I confess to some recoloring on the first one:

Simple & dramatic

I love that yellow rose embie!

Such a good looking couple - now they're married and have Jenna, my favorite layout subject
    Lori in Tennessee
    Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.
  • O2BNGdHope
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2007

Wow! These are all so good! I can't even pick a favorite, I love them all. Wonderful, wonderful layouts!
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Vanessa
      Digi Sage
      • Apr 2008

Oh Lori these are beautiful and she is stunning

Comment

• TNLori
        Mad Scrapper
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Vanessa View Post
        Oh Lori these are beautiful and she is stunning
        Thank you, and my husband says that she is proof that ugly men make pretty babies.
        Lori in Tennessee
        Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Gorgeous layouts and the girl is a beauty!

Comment

• MommaBird
            Digi Sage
            • Jul 2007

Stunning layouts and beautiful young lady!! Love those dimples!

Comment

• *eng*
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2006

Gorgous lo, gorgeous people
              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
              X