Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Wow, these are great so far...Nanwu, I'm still lovin yours..lol...Great idea...Thanks Fiona for this challenge...Sure will have to put my thinking cap on for this one...Like I don't have enough to think about these days...LOL...
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBird View Post
    Beautiful pages ladies! I guess I haven't had time to think. Hopefully I will be able to get to this. Got a new computer and an trying to make recovery discs before I install software, but so far it does not like any of the DVDs I have used (keeps spitting them out). They are Memorex DVD+R @ 16x, so I don't know what to buy now!
    MommaBird what was the requirements in your system? What kind of blank DVD's are they looking for? I am sure it is written down in your manual. What brand is your computer? I have a HP computer and I bought a blank DVD with the same brand name and I was able to make a recovery disc. Try using the same brand name as your computer's name. It might work and it works in mine. I hope that you will able to make those recovery disc.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBird View Post
    Beautiful pages ladies! I guess I haven't had time to think. Hopefully I will be able to get to this. Got a new computer and an trying to make recovery discs before I install software, but so far it does not like any of the DVDs I have used (keeps spitting them out). They are Memorex DVD+R @ 16x, so I don't know what to buy now!
    I am sure you have checked this but are you sure it takes DVD + R and not DVD - R? Some computers can accept both. My advice is to buy an external hard drive, like a My Book. Never have to worry about dvd's getting lost or scratched. I wouldn't be able to function correctly without mine.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Here is my LO for the WHAT'S IN YOUR.... Challenge.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=4545

CT For ScrapBird.Big fan of Michelle McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fern Byrd View Post
    Here is my LO for the WHAT'S IN YOUR.... Challenge.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=4545
    That is really pretty! I love the hinged picture frames!!

Actually Pick what she was trying to do is making a back up from the manufacturers setup that way when her computer system gets messed up she can always put it back where it used to be that's is why she is making a recovery disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Liwayway View Post
    Actually Pick what she was trying to do is making a back up from the manufacturers setup that way when her computer system gets messed up she can always put it back where it used to be that's is why she is making a recovery disc.
    Mine is backed up on my MyBook (Western Digital) external USB hard drive 500GB. It is a portable hard drive. I use that because I am so horribly bad with CD's. I end up losing them, scratching them or worse, forgetting to label them.

I have 3 external drives 2 500 gB and one 160 gB. But these recovery disks are under the system control and must be burned and can only be burned once (because it contains op sys -- it will only work on this computer, so don't know why they would care how many copies you make since you cannot share anyway. Finally I found a loose sheet saying that the DVD +R had been disabled due to a software glich (didn't say whose software (Vista, the DVD manufacturer, HP,......). Anyway it says it can read DVD +R burned on other cds, just not write. I just have about 100! So I went out an got some DVD -R on sale at Best Buy; I am going to wait for the DVD DL to go on sale -- they were about $44 for 25 (ouch); they will be coming down, as they always do. Anyway, going to burn restore disks tonight and then I can install my software. Hope to get around to doing this challenge, but GD due tomorrow (if not, she will get evicted by August 28 -- induction). My grandson is hoping for that day since that is his birthday.

Gotta run, don't sweat the petty stuff (and don't pet the sweaty stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by all my memories View Post
    ok i have one just had to do it could not help myself. hehe
    That is tooo funny!!! I bet she would just love knowing you posted that one! Ha ha!!

Default Here is my first...hoping to do second tomorrow

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...27190&cat=2236

Hope this works-I am trying a new way to upload my LO!
    Christine