X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pshatttuck
    • Apr 2006

Renamed item and it's missing

I renamed a shape while I was in SBM vs renaing it when I was in the folder. It vanished and can't be found!!! All I wanted to do was name is "aa star" so it would be moved up vs being buried among all the other shapes. I've looked for it in other SBM folders but it seems to be totally deleted. Has anyone had this happen to them before and why can't I just rename the item and have it stay in the folder?? thank you for any help you can provide.
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Did you do a search with your computer? Go to start/search then type in the name of the item and let the computer do the searching for you. Once you find it you can drag it back in to the appropriate folder.
    Let me know if this works for you.

Marion

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Hi...

When you rename a file, make sure that you do not leave out the extension, for example .jpg. That tells the computer what kind of a file it is. If you don't do that, when the files window pops up, if there is no extension, there is no way for it to be listed.

If this is the case, you need to go to Windows Explorer and find it there, or as Marion suggested, do a search, but I'm not sure that will brind it up. Of course, I may be wrong, so hang on to your drawers and wait for someone more knowledgeable to help you.

Granny
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

What about...... ????

Remember, I spelled a dang file name wrong and the software could not find it! Maybe he can't rename the file????

nie
        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Oh, one more thing to remember... You can't just name a file "AA something", it has to be "AA_something". You need that little line there. Puters don't like empty spaces. Right gang? Any gurus out there?

You can rename, just be careful how you do it.

Granny
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• angusg
            • May 2008

You can always do a search for AA*.* but of course this may bring up tons of files. If you think it may may been the old name with AA just in front try AA(whatever you think the name is) and .* Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X