X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redkeelyn
    • Jun 2008

layout advice

I'm not just a "baby" when it comes to scrapbooking - I'm an embryo...I was never interested in "real" scrapbooking but love this digital scrapbooking - no fuss no muss - and a cool thing at the end. But all my pages look sooo boring. I'm putting all my kids pics in sections by year - with an opening page, followed by similar pages with 2-4 pictures on each page..boring but it works for me - BUT I'm stuck on opening pages and how to make them look "nice" but not overly so...here is an example of the one I'm working on now - can anyone just give me some creative tips.....thanks
    Attached Files
  • redkeelyn
    • Jun 2008

Thank you mh51 - your advise was great - to match my background and/or elbelishments to an element in the picture - completely changed what I did - but I LOVE it...thanks again

Comment

• CrystalInMinn
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2007

Wow, you are off to a great start. I did the same thing and this was my first page one year ago and I never did the paper scrapping either. And if you ever need a matching page down the road you always have the same supplies available again. And you can make changes to lettering or size and such at the click of that mouse.

What I did... at the start of this obsession...Play with the program you have. Know what you can do... play, play, play, don't be affraid to experiement. You never know what you can run accross by accident.

I did the challenges as much as I could. I learned so much and asked questions when I was stuck the peeps are so so super helpful here.

I scraplifted at the beginning and tried to firure out how the Lay out designer did that It is amazing what you can do once you get the techniques down. ** Always give credit to the Layout designer that you lifted from...

in example
      scraplifted from _designer_ What a wonderful compliment to the designer that you like their work or technique.

The advise that was given to me at the start was to angle the photos sometimes instead of a straight-on picture.

Happy scrappin,
      Crystal
      sigpic

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Comment

• redkeelyn
        • Jun 2008

Thank you for the advice - I have been hesitant to do challenges because I haven't been keeping track of where I have been getting "freebies" from all over and can't give credit - also how do you keep track of where things come from??

Comment

Working...
        X