+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by ReenaG View Post
    oh thank you!!! I forgot she had posted the kit (I have been lurking for a few days!)

Well no matter, your pages are lovely no matter where you got the words!! but I see you did say you added the background to your 'saying' on that particular page.... is that done though the program?
    Autisticwonder explains how to make your own Word Art, (These SHAPES of the BASIC FONT are helpful in making skewable WORD ART within the SBM program using your matching papers from Paper Scraps button. We can do colored letters but nothing with texture or patterns. Now we have a little edge on that. If you don't have a way of making these kind of letters in another program. You can Make YOUR own LETTER SHAPES or WORD by using a BLANK white background page. SET background color to BLACK. Type a FONT in WHITE letters onto center of 8x8 to 4x4 size. Make word or letters large to fit page area with few inches for border sides. THEN..PUBLISH >IMAGES> MED size. SEND to SHAPES folder. Then erase or delete your page and start making your scrappage. When you are READY to use your WORD SHAPE. Simply select your paper scrap and CUSTOM SHAPE. Choose your jpg image in your SHAPES folder and WHALA!! You have that word ready to use. Pull, stretch, tug, etc. WORD ART in SBM. Have a GO at it and if you have any problems let me know!! Enjoy!!!) I cropped my background picture and then used that process to make my saying and that's how I did my Word Art.
    Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
    *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
    Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
    OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

There are a couple of ways to reproduce glass/see through letters in PSP.

Down below I have attached two files created in PSP 9.

M&D1 - was done by creating your writing on a separate layer, then, selecting, floating and defloating the text and deleting it to leave the floating outline of the words. Then I added a cutout to the letters with a very pale whitish accent colour and a 3D cushion type bevel to the letters. This could perhaps be made to look better than this example and reflection accents could be added too.

M&D2 - was done by creating the writing on a separate layer, then selecting, floating and defloating the text and deleting it to leave the floating outline of the words. Then an external filter (Eye Candy Impact - glass) was applied with a drop shadow effect which is why this one is greyish in appearance.
    Attached Images

thanks TWPCLERK and Vanessa...... I am familiar with PSP just didn't want to go there and make the saying, words (too lazy) but also wanted to know if it was possible to make it within the program!!!

Thanks to both of you for your explaination on how to create them

I wish I had time to comment on each and evrey individual entry in the challenge - I have looked at them all and wow! what an excellent standard- and isn't it fantastic the way there is always someone to help out with questions and queries here on SBM - thats what makes this site a top place to learn.. really great pages one and all!

great job everyone!

Please visit my SBM store!