• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by omajo View Post
    This is my first entree for the challenge, I'm not so sure whether I did it right, hope its right...........!

GIRL!! I LOVE what you did with sister and brother turn!! WOW!! and GREAT job laying one over the other effects with the white!! Did you use the BASE blend anywhere??

Comment

• omajo
      Digi Sage
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
      GIRL!! I LOVE what you did with sister and brother turn!! WOW!! and GREAT job laying one over the other effects with the white!! Did you use the BASE blend anywhere??

Donna, I'm using the base blend for the borders of the layout,...., I was not sure that is actually base blend for the title/text, hahaha........
      Well I will try another one later.

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• Bekah_E
        • Mar 2008

Ha! I thought I already posted this.. I must've forgot to push submit.. oops anyhoo, here is my second entry

I found the quote on Elegant Word Art and then used Donna's technique for making word art into shapes in SBM... I made the base with my photo of the sunset by placing a textured paper behind it and lowering the opacity of the photo and slighty changing the contrast of the photo and then used Donna's base shape to punch it and place it behind the word art... It maybe hard to tell that I used the base because the background is so dark... but I did use it
        Attached Files

Comment

• omajo
          Digi Sage
          • Dec 2006

Here is my second layout for the entree.........

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Bekah_E View Post
            Ha! I thought I already posted this.. I must've forgot to push submit.. oops anyhoo, here is my second entry

I found the quote on Elegant Word Art and then used Donna's technique for making word art into shapes in SBM... I made the base with my photo of the sunset by placing a textured paper behind it and lowering the opacity of the photo and slighty changing the contrast of the photo and then used Donna's base shape to punch it and place it behind the word art... It maybe hard to tell that I used the base because the background is so dark... but I did use it
            OH, I LOVE it!! GREAT use of the base!! and your template is GORGEOUS!! VERY nice explaination of your use of items!! EXCELLENT job GIRL!!

Comment

• autisticwonder
              Scrap Guru
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by omajo View Post
              Here is my second layout for the entree.........

LOVe how you used the base to emphasize your sentence!! And your use of all the pieces..WOW!! This template is so bright and cheery!! LOVE all your details in it!! MAGNIFICO!!

Comment

• twpclerk
                Layout Whiz
                • Feb 2008

Trying this again, I used Mary's (mh51's) Friends02 Freebie. I would have liked to have better pictures of my mother-in-law, but this is how sweet she always is. I thank God, she was brought into my life.

Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
                *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
                Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
                OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                  Digi Sage
                  • Nov 2007

Finally got a chance to do this one. I created my own word and doubled the base in 2 colors for more of a color transition. This is my brother, Jeff and his grandson, Derek. Derek loves to drive around and Papaw follows him everywhere.

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• skrkwt
                    • Jan 2008

More than wonderful
                    Thank you very much

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

Question Donna: How come MY words don't seem to blend into the background? When I created mine, is there another step I should have used or is it just the font I chose? I used the kids font as I wanted it to look like a child was saying it. I made the words white on black background then just published to image and went back to the jpeg to use as shape. But they don't seem to "bleed" out into the base. Could I have done something else to it?
                      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• MommaBird
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
                        Question Donna: How come MY words don't seem to blend into the background? When I created mine, is there another step I should have used or is it just the font I chose? I used the kids font as I wanted it to look like a child was saying it. I made the words white on black background then just published to image and went back to the jpeg to use as shape. But they don't seem to "bleed" out into the base. Could I have done something else to it?
                        The original word art shape was shadowed and then inverted for that soft bleed effect. It went from solid white to kind of foggy, then to black. The foggy part applies a transparency.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                          Digi Sage
                          • Nov 2007

Thanks, MommaBird!
                          Melanie

Comment

• autisticwonder
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
                            Sorry for not being here last 4 days!! THANKs Mommabird..looks like you covered O2B question!!
                            Susie girl asked me to add some more words and I've had computer time woes..We installed DishNetwork to replace cable..rewired many parts of the house to do it..Poor technician!! LOL.. I got my socks sorted and laundry done waiting!! LOL..

Wanted to add a little more to your question O2B... To get more of a blended look with your word and base together..bring the word up to the half way mark with the blend..so the word sticks up a little from the fading part of the base.. Folks..Don't use shadowing for your words or blended base..

You also need to stretch the word when possible to cover the length of the base..Wonders of using shapes!! Very stretchable..but some words are too short to really do this well..

Play time is always required..

LOVE just letting you all play and experiment as much as you can!!

I'm hoping to get those words done for soon Susie!!..to end the challenge with extras!!

HUGS ladies..

Comment

• kathiaas
                              • Jul 2008

Upload the freebie on the software

Hi, I'm a new one in the world of scrapbook max. I've gotten the freebie's download and now I would like to know how I can upload it in the software

Comment

• Liwayway
                                Mad Scrapper
                                • Nov 2006

kathiaas ones you load your Scrapbook Max software in your system it will automatically detects it. Did you save the freebie file as a zip extension or in smb? Ones you open the file it will prompt you to open with or save it... Scrapbook Max will automatically open it for you ones you loaded the software in your system.

Comment

Working...
                                X