• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manatee25
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2007

Tell me your Acupuncture stories!

So my left arm has been randomly going numb for several weeks now!!! It usually doesnt last more than an hour at a time though. Yesterday it lasted ALL DAY!!!! I had enough!!!! I called a chiropractor and made an appointment (my first ever chiro appt.) So the appt went good. He was really nice and cracked me a few times.... shocked me with some electricity (just LITTLE ones... not full electro!! LOL) pounded me with some hammer thing and did some really nice ultrasound heat thing. Yet it STILL is bugging me. Now keep in mind I am NOT giving up on him. He did warn me that sometimes it will take a few visits and I have another one on Wednesday. I was just hoping for a miracle cure kwim. Anyway.... he mentioned that he also does acupuncture and there is a treatment he can do just on that shoulder. I am CURIOUS to try it!! LOL (heck when your arm is numb for days at a time you get desperate!) I am just wondering if any of you have tried or have any acupuncture stories for me!? Good OR bad!!! I know that 'alternative' medicine can be a touchy subject but I am wanting some info before I let them stab me up with needles!!! LOL. So...... any opinions??? I thought this chatty place would be the perfect place for answers! lol
    Last edited by Manatee25; 06-24-2008, 09:32 AM.
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release
    sigpic
    My SBM store
  • sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Manatee25 View Post
    So my left arm has been randomly going numb for several weeks now!!! It usually doesnt last more than an hour at a time though. Yesterday it lasted ALL DAY!!!! I had enough!!!! I called a chiropractor and made an appointment (my first ever chiro appt.) So the appt went good. He was really nice and cracked me a few times.... shocked me with some electricity (just LITTLE ones... not full electro!! LOL) pounded me with some hammer thing and did some really nice ultrasound heat thing. Yet it STILL is bugging me. Now keep in mind I am NOT giving up on him. He did warn me that sometimes it will take a few visits and I have another one on Wednesday. I was just hoping for a miracle cure kwim. Anyway.... he mentioned that he also does acupuncture and there is a treatment he can do just on that shoulder. I am CURIOUS to try it!! LOL (heck when your arm is numb for days at a time you get desperate!) I am just wondering if any of you have tried or have any acupuncture stories for me!? Good OR bad!!! I know that 'alternative' medicine can be a touchy subject but I am wanting some info before I let them stab me up with needles!!! LOL. So...... any opinions??? I thought this chatty place would be the perfect place for answers! lol
    The only acupuncture story I know is my mom's but it wasn't for anything like your talking. Hers was to quit smoking. It did work for her, but they told her up front, that she had to want to quit for it to work. She never smoked again after having it done.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• eye
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

Chiropractor--- it works.Just give it a try.I had acupunture on back and it worked and then I had acupunture for my neck last year which made me take a spell of some sort.The lungs are high up and where he put the needles was too close for my liking so I opt not to ever have it done but I have been going for over a year now to chiropractor.Now I am down to twice a month and may soon be once a month.I used to go four days a week.Now you girls can vouche for me at how miserable I was last year and at times could not stay on for long periods of time.Well I am a new women now.I can go go and do so much.It takes the body all your life to get miserable so it may take some time for him to fix it.I only had neck snapped once as he uses other methods to straighten my neck.Actually he moved my neck 73 % over a long time .It is costly but it helped.I also have Sheena going as she had such poor posture and wow what a difference it made.Now we go as together.I also hardly have migranes as well.So this is my story and I am stickin to it.
      sigpic
      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Manatee25
        Layout Whiz
        • Mar 2007

Hey I am liking your Story EYE!! I wanna be a new woman!! Can I pick?? How about Sandra Bullock?? She is pretty and seems to have her life in order!! lol
        Don't procrastinate being happy!
        And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
        Orange Blossom- new release
        sigpic
        My SBM store

Comment

• pkdoll
          Scrap Guru
          • Dec 2006

Manatee I am sorry that you are having so much pain and numbness in your arm. I have never gone to a chiropractor or had acupuncture--but some of my friends have and they swear by it (the chiro that is) never heard any stories of acupuncture. I wish you good luck and hope that you see results soon.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Smile
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2006

Manatee

Acupunture is a breeze. I am a peron who hates needles but when I had the treatments it wasn't at all like having a needle. They are so small that they only fit into the pours of your skin. I was so amazed at the treatment that she let me put one in once she had the location set. There is no blood or pain. Sometimes when they hit certain spots you may feel the sensation and the amazing thing is that it isn't always near where the needle is. It doesn't always work but there is no harm and when it does work it is a great treatment. I hope this has helped a little and good luck. Like most treatments it takes more than one so give it a chance ........xoxo
            sigpic....

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Oh the needles do not hurt.When he did my legs he had to hit the bone and man the sharp pain i had but one thing good he said my bones are very stong.But the needles work.Do not want to scare you off mmmmmmmm or do I
              sigpic
              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

I only had it done once. I was having problems with my wrist. Went a few times and the pain was gone. No pain whatsoever. They played nice soft music and it was very relaxing.

Comment

• lila2002
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jan 2007

hi
                  i am undergoing acupuncture treatment to support my IVF
                  ( started after the last IVF turned out nothing so hoping this will help!!)

i do find the needles to sting a little but!!....this differs every time ( had 4 treatments up to now an tomorrow will be 5th)
                  once they are in though its fine.
                  the acupuncturist puts a heater thingy over it to warm the needles and also some electro thingy.......gives little wiggly feelings like ants tickling under your skin
                  i find the whole procedure very relaxing and have to mind i dont fall asleep ;-) lol

so try it i would say
                  but mind sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt

take care

Comment

Working...
                  X