X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

Ok, here is mine. I had always wanted to be an artist. I even sent in sketches to those ads you use to see to draw the cartoon characters. My favorite thing was to sketch, but I took 3 years of art in high school, which included painting. I was thinking about going to the Art college in Cleveland where I could stay with my Aunt and Uncle. If I did that I would have been spending my Senior year of high school in the college because they allowed you to start your Senior year. But my common sense took over and I figured I wouldn't be able to make a living wage doing paintings. I ended up working for the City instead. My skills at painting went down hill since I haven't picked up a brush in years. Once in a while I try to sketch...I think I would need a lot of practice to get good at it.

This picture of me was actually taken last year when my sister and I were painting my mom's porch (wrong type of brush) LOL. The picture on the paper/easel was when I was young maybe about 10 yrs. I embossed the picture first, then used a poster edge and angled strokes on it. I skewed it to fit the paper on the easel then used an edge shape after bringing it into SBM.

The paper is from Fiona's "Leaf Fall" kit and I used a shape from her "Velvet Dreams" kit on the top paper in the background.
    Last edited by sacannon; 06-17-2008, 09:15 AM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• naugle1
      • Sep 2006

Great Challenge!

I love the LO so far! I am going to have to get out my scrapbook that my Mom put together for me to create my page-how fun!
      Christine

Comment

• Vanessa
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2008

Lovely layout Sue, I like the background papers you have used, and don't you look different with lots of hair.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2007

Grannywin, what a great layout! It shows how deeply you really wanted to be in that uniform! Makes me want to cry that you didn't get to wear it!

Fiona, love your uniform! What a wonderful page! Love all the elements you brought together for this. It's just perfect!

Sue, Wow! Great job on the photo editing. It really does look like a painting. AND it really looks like you're sitting there painting it!! Wow, again!
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2007

Ok, here's my wish. I missed my chance to be one but I love to watch the movies like Indiana Jones and National Treasure.

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• sacannon
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Aug 2006

Wow, Love how you have the faded images superimposed and what a great wish. It would be exciting, but I would want to leave out a little bit of the action that Indie had...LOL
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• nanwu
                Digi Sage
                • Apr 2007

I had many dreams of what I wanted to be (they changed weekly LOL) but here is one of them which I had when I was going through a rare girly stage (I was a tom boy LOL). I wanted to be a famous ballroom dancer and dance like Liza Doolittle in My Fair Lady!!!!

Credits: background paper (attic treasures - music freebie),,Word art (drehi-wordart freebie)
                Attached Files

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

I love this, fantastic Nanwu!
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• grannywin
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Sep 2006

For all you dreamers who haven't found your niche yet, you can still do it. I STARTED college at age 50 and changed careers. It's not too late, Mel.

Comment

• Vanessa
                      Digi Sage
                      • Apr 2008

Mel, this is terrific. What a fabulous idea to just use your head as though everything else was what you were thinking.

Nanwu - lovely - I too used to like the old musicals - my favourite was Gigi

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sacannon View Post
                        Wow, Love how you have the faded images superimposed and what a great wish. It would be exciting, but I would want to leave out a little bit of the action that Indie had...LOL
                        I wanted to have adventure like Indiana Jones but have the body of Lara Croft! LOL!
                        Melanie

Comment

• sacannon
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Aug 2006

Too funny! I wouldn't mind that either !
                          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• twpclerk
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2008

Here's my layout. Had fun with this remembering what all in my life I wouldn't have right now if I had gone into the medical field. God sure is always watching over us!!

Papers and frame are from pamleforsdesigns.com oddsnends, Medical supplies from Marion, Words are from Autisticwonder's March 08 Shapes Gift Bundle and the overlayfloralblack is from here, not sure whose though.

Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
                            *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
                            Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
                            OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• Vanessa
                              Digi Sage
                              • Apr 2008

Lovely layout TWP

Comment

• angelwithin
                                MAX! Mastermind
                                • Nov 2006

these are all brillaint - keep them coming, there will be a fabulous gift for those who enter this week

sorry if i've not been around commenting much ...the flu has got me in its nasty grip and zapped every ounce of energy out of me - but the drugs are now fighting back

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                                , Check out my store
                                Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Working...
                                X