+ Reply to Thread

Default Coming up for air...

Yes, I am still alive. Just not able to spend much time on the computer these days.

I was asked to organize our church's Vacation Bible School this year. We had the VBS this past week, and a couple of weeks before were spent getting ready for it. It's a huge amount of work, but I love every second of it.

I've also been working on renovating an old house that's been in the family for my daughter and her family to move into. It needed a *lot* of work. Still does, but not nearly as much now.

I'm working on creating a money tree for one of our young men at church. He joined the Marines as soon as he graduated from high school last year. He's getting deployed to Iraq next month, so he has a couple weeks of leave time to use to spend with his family. He's brought a surprise, too, a lovely young bride that nobody has met yet. We're having a reception for them tomorrow evening, complete with a money tree, since we didn't get to give them a wedding shower. I've never made one before, so it's an adventure in crafting, to say the least.

Tomorrow after church, I'll be leaving TN to head to OH to visit with my family for a couple of days for Father's Day. My sister and I are going to take our Dad to see the latest Indiana Jones movie. My sister came up with the idea - one of her earliest movie theater memories was going with me and Dad to see the *first* Indiana Jones movie. Funny, my first movie theater memory was going to see one of the 1970s Godzilla movies (Godzilla -vs- Mothra, if you're curious) with Dad... I sense a pattern here...

So, life has been good, and hectic, and wonderful. Hope everyone else is having great days, too.

Take care and God bless!
    Last edited by TNLori; 06-14-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    Lori in Tennessee
    Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Hi Lori, you sound busy busy. Hope to chat with you soon. Have a safe, fun trip to see your Dad!
    Trisha
    My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Wow, You have a lot going on! Well, I will pre-welcome you to Ohio. Don't know which part you are going to, I am all the way up in Toledo by the Michigan border (by Lake Erie). Have a good time with your dad while you are here!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Wow, thank you for making time to pop in, good luck with all your hard work.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by sacannon View Post
    Wow, You have a lot going on! Well, I will pre-welcome you to Ohio. Don't know which part you are going to, I am all the way up in Toledo by the Michigan border (by Lake Erie). Have a good time with your dad while you are here!
    I'll be in Xenia, a town outside of Dayton that seems to attract tornados on a frighteningly regular basis. I grew up there from the time I was 9 until I got married the first time. As soon as my parents had my old room fixed up, I moved back in. Then out. Then in again... then finally out, to move to TN in 2002. My sister was on an opposite schedule - she was out while I was in, and vice versa. Mom & Dad are getting ready to retire and move to WVa, where she won't follow them, just so they can find out what an empty nest really feels like!

The money tree turned out great! I shot some photos of it, and I'll get some more at the reception tonight, so I can scrap something for the happy couple. I met the new bride very briefly this morning at church - she's a very pretty girl.
    Last edited by TNLori; 06-15-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    Lori in Tennessee
    Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.