• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Heritage kit & Likeness

OK - a sneak look at my new kit. Just been completed to day and I'm doing a few layouts to fully test it. Couldn't resist to tease you a little with this one. LOL You are just going to have to wait. He he he

Kit: Old Times by Carena's Designs
    Coming to shop soon.

Take a look at the photo of me and then the one of my mum - my goodness I called mum over take a look at it. Couldn't get over the likeness. A bit scary if you ask me.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.
  • Vanessa
    Digi Sage
    • Apr 2008

This is lovely Carena and yes the likeness is very strong. Great job with that corner by the way.

Comment

• sacannon
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Aug 2006

This is beautiful Carena, and you do resemble your mom! Everyone tells me I look like mine too.
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• ryansmom66
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2008

very beautiful, I love it!
        Trisha
        My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2007

Wow, the likeness is striking! Great page!
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• fourfoxes
            Digi Sage
            • Oct 2007

You do look like twins! I love the new kit! Very nice!

Debby
            My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• Carena
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2007

I've been asked regarding the text in my layout on the book.

QUOTE: I was not sure the picture and text will look so normal if we only use SBM. If I just lay a photo down and rotate it on the open book I don't think it will look that good.

So I have done that book area of the layout with Scrapbook Max. The attached is the result along with my Photoshop CS2 version side by side. I've used a different text as I can't remember which one I used now. LOL and a different photo as I'm not sure where the photo is in the original but I'm sure you can get the idea plus I was in a hurry.

The only advantage with photoshop in this instance is the ability of being able to distort an image or text by stretching out the corners but the price difference in the program is enormous. I'm sure you will agree that there is really not alot of difference in the layouts. Also consider that in this layout I've put the book in quiet large and in a normal layout it would probably be alot smaller and any differences less noticable.

Scrapbook Max gives an excellent result for minimum money. I use CS2 to do my layouts most times as after spending such a huge amount of money I want to get the maximum value for my money. And yes, some of what I do in my layouts can't be acheived with the SBM program but most times it all comes back to how much money you'd like to pay. All I can say though is learn SBM program and use it to it's full potention. There are many features in the program that are very similar to more expensive programs.

Hope this helps, but if anyone has any question re: my layouts - feel free to message me. I'll help as much as I can.
              Regards
              Carena
              Attached Files
              Kind wishes from Carena
              Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
              Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• pkdoll
                Scrap Guru
                • Dec 2006

Again--thank you so much for showing people how this program is well worth every penny they spent on it. The value for what you get is well worth it.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Oceania
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Mar 2008

What a gorgeous kit and uncanny the resemblance between your mum and you
                  sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

That is really good
                    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
                    X