• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
    Marion, I think they found your lake in Indiana!
    We've had rain here, but not that bad! Thank goodness. All though I have been through a few floods. But the storm yesterday did damage part of my Red Bud Tree in my front yard. One of the limbs was leaning down on my drive way. It is not a big tree, but I like the tree and don't want to lose it. It is only one limb luckily.

I was worried about the tree next door to us. It is big and has a limb hanging over our house. We have been talking about having it cut off but haven't got to it yet (and neither has the neighbor, they should actually be doing it).

As far as weather, I like the changing seasons, but I don't like it hot and humid. Like Jazz, it makes it hard for me to breath due to sinus/alergy problems. I love the high 60;s and low 70's. Spring and Fall are my favorites. Love a summer rain (w/o lightning..like previously mentioned). Love to see fluffy snow, but not heavy stuff you have to shovel or Icy roads to drive on.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Vanessa
      Digi Sage
      • Apr 2008

I can agree with you totally about the humidity Sue. When I lived in Rhodesia, because the days were so very humid, I suffered terribly with Asthma, but always noticed that it was so much better when we went to the coast. I think sea air is generally healthier - could be wrong. And thunder and lightening. When we were little kids, we lived in a house that had a corrugated iron roof. When it started to rain, the rain used to hammer on the roof and the thunder and lightening was absolutely terrifying. If it rained at night, my mum and dad used to end up with all four of us kids in bed with them within 5 seconds of the first thunderclap and two dogs cowering underneath. I still don't like thunderstorms and ever since the day I saw lightning strike through an open window and blast the telephone on a guy's desk, I get paranoid and run around switching off anything electrical that is near a window.

Comment

• *Dawny*
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
        rofl you forgot

more than 5 days of sunshine - heatwave, hosepipe bans by local authorities, panic bottle water buying and everyone saying ...it's too hot i wish it would rain (except me who prays for the sunshine to last all year )

mind you you have to admit...you can get all 4 seasons in one day here in the uk

i've woken to a white bitter frost, temps risen to glorious hot sunshine by noon, gone to the beach, been battered with hailstones the size of golfballs during a thunderstorm in the afternoon, back to sunshine with 20 minuets - gone home had a gale in the evening with 4 inches of rain .....ahhh the weather is so predictable here

*goes back to praying for a heatwave to give her customers at work something to moan about
        Lol I remeber on my wedding day, just 2 years ago and we had rain, snow, hail, and sun all in one day!
        My Buddy is Angelwithin

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2007

Well, although I hate having my hair frizz in the rain, I truly love a good thunderstorm. I have a section of my deck that's covered and we go out there and sit and watch the thunderstorm. All the wind and lightening and thunder are exciting to me. When I was a child, to keep us from being afraid of storms, my mother used to play a game with us where we wait for lightening and then see how much we can see before it's dark again. So we blame her. I did the same thing with my children. Then one day when they were at their sitters house, we had a thunderstorm and she took all the children in her care and hid them in the closet. My kids were totally mystified as to why they were hiding. LOL! I couldn't help but laugh at them.
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• evee
            Mad Scrapper
            • Apr 2007

Give me the good old British weather any day! Should say Scottish weather as it is quite different down south! I love our climate and would hate to wake up every morning and KNOW it was going to be hot and sunny for the next two months, or wet for the following 8 weeks! Keeps us guessing and gives us something to talk about! Wherever would we be if we couldn't complain about the weather? We'd have nothing to talk about to those strangers that come into our life for a few moments and end up becoming good friends - all because we began with "What awful weather we are having!"
            xxoo
            Evee ~~~

CrystalInMinn, mh51and Carena are my buddies.

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Sorry to hear about you bad weather, girls. I saw the news, the houses splitting in two. It's terrible. Please be careful.
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

More bad weather here in the midwest. Horrid rain, thunderstorms, tornadoes, flooding all over. Pretty soon all of the midwest will be floating to the south!

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

I am with Marion on this. It is terrible again today-more rain-tornado sirens going off-it's terrible. Please pray that we don't float away!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2007

I'm beginning to think the title of this thread should be "Are your ears wet yet?" All of the major catastrophes happening right now are just unbelievable. Rain and tornados in the midwest and fires again in California. When does it stop?
                    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

The day after the day before!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• RachellIowa
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Apr 2008

weather

ok we got sun shine today, but the river is rising and the sand bags are put in place, he have built durt walls around our water plant here in ottumwa iowa and several places where they might be needed we have a trailer court on the south end of town that is flooded and last night my daughter's place she is staying at had the water from the river finding their back door, but the city now has beenable to get that down and have built a levee wall not more than 500ft from the front door, only hope it holds, several people had to leave there homes in the low lying areas, the plant that hubby is at is preparing for the flood as they are just across the hyway from the river,and in 1993 the parking lot got flooded,they are saying it should be worse this time, we had some as they call it minor flooding last year in which the water had to be shut off for a few days, will be going out to get some pic's tommorrow as i have some from the last one some where I'll have to look them up, I won't be able to get to my parents farm as the creeks there are like raging rivers. but I always go and see how bad it is, several farmers will be hurting as the feilds some have as much as1 to 5 feet of water some you can't even tell they were there looks like a very big lake,
                        I just thank god that I like on a hill and have already laid in any supplies that might be needed, My prayers for those who are not and those who are going to be as we know for sure losing so much as the flooding hits harder and for those down river from us. 88 counties are now declared desaster ares out99. it will get worse before it gets better. i have found three of the pictures from sept. 2007 couldn't get to the farm. and this is usually a creek with only about a foot of water if even that most of the time.
                        Attached Files
                        Rachell

Comment

• CrystalInMinn
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jul 2007

Minn here... Rochester...we had a major flood in '78 and then the city bought a ton of property and rebuilt the water system here for flood control. So far so good, some minor flooding and in the basements but so far so good. they had to evacuate a few neighborhoods last summer a couple times. rain rain go away... I guess the fields are so bad that food prices are going to go through the roof!
                          sigpic

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Comment

• Vanessa
                            Digi Sage
                            • Apr 2008

Good grief you are all having a very wet summer already. People tend to forget how powerful a force and how destructive water can be. I hope this lot doesn't wend its way across the ocean again. Some of last summer's flood victims are still living in temporary shelters here waiting for their homes to be re-done.

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

Our river in Janesville is not suppose to crest until tuesday. It broke a record. The Rock river runs right through downtown Janesville and businesses downtown have been Sandbagging for days. But today is sunny, I hope it stays that way and lets the water go down a bit. It will take a while for all of this to get better. As bad as it is here, other cities are far worse off then we are. My prayers are with you all!

Comment

• pkdoll
                                Scrap Guru
                                • Dec 2006

This flooding is terrible. I have family in Iowa and things are terrible there, as well as places here. We have been very fortunate to have missed a lot of the flooding, but Sheboygan (where Wolvsie lives) has had some street flooding as well as other counties-but the worst hit is the western part of the state by Wisconsin Dells. I pray that the rain will stop and give people a chance to recuperate.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
                                X