+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: teacher gifts

Default teacher gifts

what do you give your childs teachers at school year end...or if you are a teacher, what would you love to receive...lol
    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

Forget the gift I would like a personal note from a student or parent more than anything, else.
    Linda
    My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Quote Originally Posted by LSignal View Post
    Forget the gift I would like a personal note from a student or parent more than anything, else.
    I agree 100%. We aren't allowed to accept gifts at all whatever our role within the council. It would mean the world to get a letter of appreciation
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

seriously!!!???? you can't accept gifts? even at elementary school level? wow....we do it all the time here....the kids love picking out or making something for their teachers! I am making gift boxes from scratch and might make a magnet to put inside them.....with a quote on the magnet....thinking thinking...lol
    Last edited by WendyG; 06-06-2008 at 11:23 PM.

now our council in hampshire allows giving gifts, poor teachers normally end up with a ton of chocolates as this is what most kids buy them

in the store i work in we have lots of gifts for teachers, little angel ornaments with signs saying 'best teacher' or holding books, magnets with phrases, metal book marks, picture frames etc but by far the most popular teacher gift os sale....the stress apple ...it's a red apple squeezy stress ball lol

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

i like the apple idea....lol....wonder if that might fit in my boxes..

I always used to get my children to make a special cake box and we would bake biscuits and small cakes for the teachers at the end of the year, then they would go in the boxes tied with a ribbon and a personal thank you from my daughters or son.

Our council has gone into overdrive with everything! We have to give ny gift accepted, if it would offend not to, to the mayors fund which amongst other things is used to buy gift vouchers for a supermarket, for the elderly at Christmas. The elderly in turn give them to their families to spend as they don't want them
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

WOW! Eng that is a shame that the students can't give their teachers a gift of appreciation. Teachers work hard and play a very important role in our children's lives-they deserve gifts of any kind.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Quote Originally Posted by *eng* View Post
    Our council has gone into overdrive with everything! We have to give ny gift accepted, if it would offend not to, to the mayors fund which amongst other things is used to buy gift vouchers for a supermarket, for the elderly at Christmas. The elderly in turn give them to their families to spend as they don't want them
    And you wonder why some of us are just a little bit sick of the nanny state that we live in being so politically correct all the time. We get a little bit fed up with the Big Brother is Watching You feeling.

I agree our teacher's work **** (sorry) hard with lovely little kids until they get to about 11-12 and then they have to cope with obnoxious brats after that. Why can't the accept token gifts from children who just want to say Thank You. After all manners cost nothing and the memory is everlasting.