X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove's June 2008 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

There's MORE! Everyone gets the freebie, and three lucky, random participants will also receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. WOO-HOO!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The "Freebie" Part

Deanne Gow-Smith has generously supplied a freebie mini-kit to all our Groove readers based on her lovely full kit called Victorian Series Charlemaine. Find it below, attached to this post - download it, and use it to get in on the challenge!

The “Challenge” Part!

Deanne has issued this challenge based on her freebie mini-kit:

Use the freebie mini-kit to create a layout. Add to this layout two papers or embellishments from a different source (i.e., not from this kit), but who's colors cooordinate with your page. Post your layout in a reply to the Monthly Freebie Challenge thread (June 2008).

Three lucky, random challenge participants will get an official Scrapbook MAX!mousepad.

Love the mini-kit and want more? Get the full kit today!

So get the freebies, accept the challenge, and get in on the fun (and the possibility of a free mousepad!)

And of course, be sure to check out the June 2008 issue of The Groove!You'll find more freebies, inspiration, and even an awesome discount on featured kits in the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store!

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
    Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 07-01-2008, 10:39 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Here is mine Deanne. I know you wanted use to add extras from other kits but I didn't feel I needed to. The mini kit was beautiful just on it's own. Many thanks.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• scrappymammawgf
      • Apr 2007

Groove's Challenge

Here is my attempt. First time I have attempted a challenge as I'm fairly new at digital scrapbooking. I love the mini kit!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Moonbeam
        • Mar 2006

Good job Girls,, nice to see what you've done with them.
        Seems you like just the blue and white... and it does always look lovely and "crisp" with stark white against deep blue doesn't it! thanks for post them.

Anyone else having a go - let's see if you can introduce another colour altogether - The one that I think has added the most complimentary colours with the blues and whites I will give a free downoad of my new Chiffon Rose kit.( or another of you alrerady have that one)
        Trouble is you will have to wait til the end of JUNE as I go away on holidays on the 9th... but post away _ I'll pop in whenever I can for the next week and then when I come back I'll check out all the entries.
        so add another colour or even another 2 colours as well as the blue and white.... whatever you think looks nice with blue ... they can be patterern or plain.. from any other source -the challenge is to make it look like it belongs and actually enhances the blue
        Cant wait to see your entires in the challenge

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
          Layout Whiz
          • Sep 2007

Here is my LO for the June Challenge. Thanks Deanne for the georgeous kit - awesome as usual.

The photo is of my paternal grandparents, my brothers, my cousins and myself taken in Italy circa early 1950's before our immigration to Australia.

SBM-June-Challenge-000-Page-1.jpg
          My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• Moonbeam
            • Mar 2006

beautiful layout - Love your use of layers and the weaving of the blue bands.
            But no body wants to add another colour?

the first one to actually accept the challenge and use another complimenting colour - I will give them a freebie just for being brave LOL - you can use anything from anywhere OR you can tweak these pieces ..

Comment

• sacannon
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Aug 2006

Here is mine, I did two of the same but added color to the second. I also added a paper and a corner (used 4 to make the frame). Don't know if we were suppose to add what we made but I did. You can right click and save (thumb nails below layouts).

Attached Files
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• omajo
                Digi Sage
                • Dec 2006

Thanks Deanne for the minikit, just dl it.
                Beautiful LOs everybody!!. I'm glad its still one month to go

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• Moonlightpearl
                  Digi Sage
                  • Mar 2008

Here is my first try.
                  Attached Files
                  [/SIGPIC]

Comment

• mawma7
                    • Mar 2008

Thanks so much for sharing this lovely kit. God bless you always. Hugs, Joanne

Comment

• slprunning
                      • Jun 2008

My first upload

Hello and I hope I do this right...this is my first upload. Thanks for the wonderful challenge.
                      journal strips Mandy's Mystiques...unknown paper and flower
                      Attached Files
                      Inkin' Creations

Comment

• mismo
                        • Feb 2008

Here's mine, Thankyou for the lovely kit also.
                        Last edited by mismo; 06-02-2008, 11:43 AM. Reason: add to text
                        sigpic My buddies are Moonlightpearl

Comment

• MommaBird
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jul 2007

Decided to post picture of grandparents at their wedding in 1919 The embies I used I have posted under the embellishment section.

Comment

• mariet
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Feb 2008

June Challenge

OK, so here I go for the first time ....
                            LOL ! I can not believe I am actually going to par take in the
                            challenge.. What the heck, I have got to start some time, right? Well any ways please be easy
                            I hope this this is the correct url : http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/album.php?u=8766
                            Hope you enjoy !!
                            If I have posted in correct url , could you please explain to me where I would find it in order to post it... LOL !! I know a real DUH !
                            Marie
                            My Buddies are : Autisticwonder, Eye, Granny, Jeanie, Mommabird, Sacannon and
                            Vanessa

Comment

• sacannon
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Aug 2006

Mariet, welcome to the forums and congrats on your fist challenge. Your layout is wonderful. The link you used is to your album. So the only thing we see is the thumbnail which is small. If you post your layout to the gallery first, you can get the URL from that page (at the top) which would link us back to your layout in the gallery, or you can copy the UBBCode under the layout in the gallery and paste that code in and that will bring the full layout into the this forum. I hope I didn't make that too confusing. If you need more help just let us know. Everyone here is helpful.
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X