• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Granny View Post
    but Fiona is the expert in that department. errrmmmm

Ppi is different from dpi, but they both live in the wrong side of the tracks. so true rofl It has to do with their uncle Harry getting too familiar with cousing Louis, omg i never knew it was uncle Harry

DPI is probably the most familiar and most misused measure of resolution.
    It is the measure of how many dots of ink or toner a printer can place within an inch (or cm).
    Most printers print the same number of dots horizontally and vertically, though some may have differing numbers. Basically, 300 dpi printers print 300 tiny little dots across one inch and 300 dots vertically for one inch

The term dpi (dots per inch) is relevant only when printing.
    In printing, dpi is the measure of printed image quality on the paper.
    Pixel dimensions are relevant to all images displayed on a computer.
    This is sometimes called ppi or pixels per inch. A high-resolution monitor setting will display more pixels per inch.

soooooo Basically the term DPI refers to the resolution of the printing device, where PPI refers to the resolution of the image itself

Even though "dots per inch" (DPI) and "pixels per inch" (PPI) are used interchangeably by many, they are not the same thing.

Pixels per inch (PPI) refer to the square pixels in a digital image, which are in contact with the adjacent pixels.
    There is no space between the pixels. The PPI is the display resolution - not the image resolution.

A simple example:
    If you have an image that consists of only 1 green pixel. That's it. The whole image is one pixel big - 1 PPI
    Then you print it on a printer that doesn't have a green ink cartridge, but it has blue and yellow.
    The printer will then print one blue dot, and one yellow dot in order to get a green dot. So, your file was 1 PPI, but the printer had to print 2 DPI to render it correctly.

now that your brain is screaming for mercy the reason why the ppi images change size when you change the dpi is.....cos they can...no thats not it *slaps self* lol ....it's because no many how big or small you make the dpi the image will automatically change to having it's original quota of ppi - clear as mud huh
    Last edited by angelwithin; 06-05-2008, 04:15 PM.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Ok, that does it... Any one else asks a profane... Ops, I mean, profound question in this here challenge, and you'll be banned for the rest of forever!!!!!!!!! You think I got brains or something?

Who's idea was it to put me in charge of this challenge anyhow?

ps: Thanks, Fiona... Now I'm really confused! Confounded!!
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2007

<rotfl at Granny> I meant when I change the ppi under the page>settings>size. The......what am I trying to say......the number of tiles.......the REPEAT of the pattern.... changes with the ppi. So does it matter what ppi I set it for? If I want the tiles spread out more or repeating more often, can I change the ppi? And can it be done on each paper scrap differently or is it just the page size that's being affected?

Sorry Granny, I hope this question wasn't too profound. I'd really hate to be banned.
        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• fourfoxes
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2007

O.K. Thanks for getting my imagination going again Granny! I enjoyed this one! I used your beautiful tiles to make the background and made some into shapes using some of Fiona's (a.k.a. angelwithin) assorted shapes. I also used some jewel embellishments from Bobby Bear and a tag of mine to complete the look.

Debby
          My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Melanie, sorry, I did not understand. RD has a mega render option where you can make the tiles larger, but they do loose sharpness. You have raised some very good questions here, but I'm sorry to say I don't know. I have never thought about it. Tiles will not always work good as a background or paper scrap. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and have a huge file size by making a full page background. But if you look in my gallery or my store, you will notice that most of my work is done with seamless tiles.

Sorry, it's early in the morning and the gears are stuck in the frozen position. By the end of the day, they will have move about 1/8"!

Debby. Great job. I love the picture too! And the way you used the crystalls is awesome!

Also, I realize now that I did not give you the best choice of tiles to work with. I'm just trying to get you all to realize the potential behing using seamless tiles for your work. Specially when there is a lot of contrast between the tiles in a group.

I have attached another set of tiles that a close in colors to the first ones. Just to give you a little more range.

Enjoy!

Attached Files
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• sacannon
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Aug 2006

Thanks Granny!
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• fourfoxes
                Digi Sage
                • Oct 2007

OOooooooo Thanks Granny!

Debby
                My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• twpclerk
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Feb 2008

Thanks Granny, will have to give it another try!
                  Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
                  *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
                  Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
                  OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Sep 2007

Hello Granny

Here is my second LO for the challenge, hope u like it!!!

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• omajo
                      Digi Sage
                      • Dec 2006

My first entree for this challenge.

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• omajo
                        Digi Sage
                        • Dec 2006

My second entree for this challenge.
                        I recolor the tiles to the favourite color of our DIL, The borders are Granny's with my 10 carat diamonds scattered,....heehe....( wish its true..!). The bow and pink rose are SBM's.

Comment

• omajo
                          Digi Sage
                          • Dec 2006

Thanks Granny for the challenge and the freebies, also the new tiles!
                          The other layouts looked great, fantastic jobs !

Comment

• fourfoxes
                            Digi Sage
                            • Oct 2007

Here's another one

Thanks to Granny, Fiona and an embellishment booster pack of vintage buttons from SBM store this page takes on a nice vintage look. The roses are mine.

Debby

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Excellent you guys!!!! Great layouts! Love the way you use the tiles in so many different ways!

Omajo, that mirrowed image is awesome!! And coloring the tiles... Never thougt of doing that!

Every one is doing lovely work. Thank you so much for so many great samples!

sigpic

Comment

• fourfoxes
                                Digi Sage
                                • Oct 2007

O.K. I created my own tile for this one. I made it to look like ceramic tile. What do you think? I added some of Granny's tiles and more vintage buttons and shapes from SBM to complete the look. (I hope that it's all right that I made my own tile design, I know it's not part of the challenge!)

Debby

Comment

Working...
                                X