+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default June 08 Designer Challenge Featuring - Granny

This Months Challenge is being hosted by our very own Granny aka Ester Barry

take it away Granny

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Oh my word!!!!!!!

Hehheeehe... What an honor! Well, ok, I am going to do this... I think... I know. It just that, Ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh....

Ok, look, give me a minute to look through this mess, and I will get the stuffo together. I promise this will be a good challange, and you will get a nice reward at the end of the days.. Ops, the month!!!!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Default I'm ready

Okay Granny.. i'm ready for a good challenge. :-)
    EclecticDiva@eclecticdigitalscrapbooking.com
    My buddies are: Pink Lollipop, twpclerk & grannywin

I'm hoping to jump in on this one!!!

Please visit my SBM store!

Ok, my little chikadees!!!

My challenge sort of builds on Donna's and Fiona's challenges. It's all about working with seamless tiles to create seamless backgrounds, paper scraps, borders and shapes.

As you all know very well, one draw back of building many pages in a template is the humungus size of the file. Even with Max!'s wonderful compression, the final size of a project can be a nightmare. By using seamless tiles for backgrounds and paper scraps, you cut down on file size by hundreds of megabites. Not to mention that when you have a set of tiles that go together, you can have pages that blend with each other perfectly. Now, why I never manage to do that is a mystery even to me!!!

I have attached a pdf file with a simple tutorial on making backgrounds and borders with seamless tiles, and also attached a zip file with ten seamless tiles that coordinate with each other. You mission, should you choose to accept it, Jim, is to make a layout using these tiles for backgrounds, borders, lace, shapes, frames, etc. I'm sure Donna and Fiona won't mind if you use the shapes they supplied for the previous challenges. The tiles are well suited for a wedding theme, and let's face it, June is the wedding month. I will try to supply embies as you need them, and maybe you can share what you have too. It would be wonderful to have another mega kit at the end of the month, with a wedding theme.

Oh, oh, oh... I forgot to mention. There are millions of seamless tiles on the net, and you can create your own if you have an image editor.

Please, ask as many questions as you need, just don't ask who let me in this forum, please, the powers that be don't know I'm here. Let them continue in the darkness.

Read the tutorial first, then extract the tiles. If you need more tiles, (greedy muts), let me know. Please, let's try to keep it coordinated.

Thank you all for participating and have lot's of fun.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Granny; 06-01-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Ops! One of the tiles on the previous zip is not working, so please, download this zip instead!

Sorry! Thank you for your patience!

Attached Files