+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Granny, wonderful challenge...and I know if I don't participate, you will ground me or something...lol...I am slowly getting back to everything, so I will definetly try this one out..Never done much with tiling...So this should be fun...

Everyone's pages are so good...Wowzers!!!!
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Gee these are all so lovely.I am just looking.Waiting for a simple challlenge to come along.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Granny, I noticed that if I change the ppi from 200 to 300 or even to 100 the tiles change size. What range can we use realistically for these? I guess it would depend on if we were printing or just keeping on the computer for slide shows, etc? Is there a way to change the dpi for each item or just for the entire page?
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Talking Don't yell at me...lol

Hey Grams, I had no wedding photos to use, so I used my neighbors dog...lol...I had to babysit her last week...Are we suppose to put the smt files here so others can use these as well? Just wondering...Hope you like this...and..OH...I learned some new things from your tutorial, thanks bunches...((HUGS))

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=5259
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Melanie... I exported them at 200 ppi. That should be plenty for whatever size, but Fiona is the expert in that department. Ppi is different from dpi, but they both live in the wrong side of the tracks. It has to do with their uncle Harry getting too familiar with cousing Louis, whe needless to say, don't even have a printer. Now, ain't you glad I'm handling the challenge this week, since I know every thing?

Wolvsie, baby, so glad to have you around. No problem with the dog picture, she is adorable. Better looking than any bride I ever saw. I hate weddings, anyhow!!!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    but Fiona is the expert in that department. errrmmmm

Ppi is different from dpi, but they both live in the wrong side of the tracks. so true rofl It has to do with their uncle Harry getting too familiar with cousing Louis, omg i never knew it was uncle Harry

DPI is probably the most familiar and most misused measure of resolution.
    It is the measure of how many dots of ink or toner a printer can place within an inch (or cm).
    Most printers print the same number of dots horizontally and vertically, though some may have differing numbers. Basically, 300 dpi printers print 300 tiny little dots across one inch and 300 dots vertically for one inch

The term dpi (dots per inch) is relevant only when printing.
    In printing, dpi is the measure of printed image quality on the paper.
    Pixel dimensions are relevant to all images displayed on a computer.
    This is sometimes called ppi or pixels per inch. A high-resolution monitor setting will display more pixels per inch.

soooooo Basically the term DPI refers to the resolution of the printing device, where PPI refers to the resolution of the image itself

Even though "dots per inch" (DPI) and "pixels per inch" (PPI) are used interchangeably by many, they are not the same thing.

Pixels per inch (PPI) refer to the square pixels in a digital image, which are in contact with the adjacent pixels.
    There is no space between the pixels. The PPI is the display resolution - not the image resolution.

A simple example:
    If you have an image that consists of only 1 green pixel. That's it. The whole image is one pixel big - 1 PPI
    Then you print it on a printer that doesn't have a green ink cartridge, but it has blue and yellow.
    The printer will then print one blue dot, and one yellow dot in order to get a green dot. So, your file was 1 PPI, but the printer had to print 2 DPI to render it correctly.

now that your brain is screaming for mercy the reason why the ppi images change size when you change the dpi is.....cos they can...no thats not it *slaps self* lol ....it's because no many how big or small you make the dpi the image will automatically change to having it's original quota of ppi - clear as mud huh
    Last edited by angelwithin; 06-05-2008 at 04:15 PM.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Ok, that does it... Any one else asks a profane... Ops, I mean, profound question in this here challenge, and you'll be banned for the rest of forever!!!!!!!!! You think I got brains or something?

Who's idea was it to put me in charge of this challenge anyhow?

ps: Thanks, Fiona... Now I'm really confused! Confounded!!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

<rotfl at Granny> I meant when I change the ppi under the page>settings>size. The......what am I trying to say......the number of tiles.......the REPEAT of the pattern.... changes with the ppi. So does it matter what ppi I set it for? If I want the tiles spread out more or repeating more often, can I change the ppi? And can it be done on each paper scrap differently or is it just the page size that's being affected?

Sorry Granny, I hope this question wasn't too profound. I'd really hate to be banned.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

O.K. Thanks for getting my imagination going again Granny! I enjoyed this one! I used your beautiful tiles to make the background and made some into shapes using some of Fiona's (a.k.a. angelwithin) assorted shapes. I also used some jewel embellishments from Bobby Bear and a tag of mine to complete the look.

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Melanie, sorry, I did not understand. RD has a mega render option where you can make the tiles larger, but they do loose sharpness. You have raised some very good questions here, but I'm sorry to say I don't know. I have never thought about it. Tiles will not always work good as a background or paper scrap. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and have a huge file size by making a full page background. But if you look in my gallery or my store, you will notice that most of my work is done with seamless tiles.

Sorry, it's early in the morning and the gears are stuck in the frozen position. By the end of the day, they will have move about 1/8"!

Debby. Great job. I love the picture too! And the way you used the crystalls is awesome!

Also, I realize now that I did not give you the best choice of tiles to work with. I'm just trying to get you all to realize the potential behing using seamless tiles for your work. Specially when there is a lot of contrast between the tiles in a group.

I have attached another set of tiles that a close in colors to the first ones. Just to give you a little more range.

Enjoy!

Attached Files