X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dact222
    • May 2008

Printing Pages

Hi Everyone- I am new to this- only been a member for a week now. i have completed a few pages and want to start printing them out. My question is to all of you who print them at home- what kind of paper or cardstock do you use to print on. I am not sure how to go about this and any help would be great. Thanks and hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Deb
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Welcome

I want to ask you something first...... Are you still using the Trial Version? The Trial Version prints with the Scrapbook Max Banner on the bottom. You will want to wait on printing until you have the full version installed!

Now about printing:

Many of us do print the 8x8 layouts at home. They turn out very nice and fit into th albumns designed for them perfectly. I use a glossy photo paper that is recommended for my HP printer.

I also upload layouts to Shutterfly and make cute books.

Here at SBM, they do have a printing service and there are some that use them.

I have also designed pages 8x10 and have printed them from home and at Walmart.

You have many options when it comes to printing!
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• dact222
      • May 2008

Thanks OnieRN

Hi OnieRN- Thanks for the help. I am using the full version. I recd the install discs on Wed of this past week so no more trial version
      You mentioned that you go to Walmart and print them out- how do you do that- save them to a disc, take the disc with you (of course) and then print from there? I am assuming that is how you do it. I read somewhere that people also save on a flash drive and just take that with them...I could do both, but just was curious how others do that. I also noticed that SBM offers printing, but would prefer to do on my own and save some money. I also have HP printers but wasnt sure if I should use photo paper, cardstock or other paper for printing pages. thanks again!!

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

Originally posted by dact222 View Post
        Hi OnieRN- Thanks for the help. I am using the full version. I recd the install discs on Wed of this past week so no more trial version
        You mentioned that you go to Walmart and print them out- how do you do that- save them to a disc, take the disc with you (of course) and then print from there? I am assuming that is how you do it. I read somewhere that people also save on a flash drive and just take that with them...I could do both, but just was curious how others do that. I also noticed that SBM offers printing, but would prefer to do on my own and save some money. I also have HP printers but wasnt sure if I should use photo paper, cardstock or other paper for printing pages. thanks again!!

I have uploaded layouts to Walmart. You can take in disc to Walmart and print but the price would be the 1 hr rates.... I think! As for the HP printer, mine works GREAT with using the photo paper. Places like Office Max/Depot, have specials where you can buy 1 and get 1 free. That is what I do! It has been cost effective for me. Even with buying the ink, I found the best deal a Best Buy in a kit that also comes with 150 4x6 photo papers for $38.00. I love doing the square books too! They turn out really nice, especially for those special occasion books.
        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• dact222
          • May 2008

Sounds great- I am really excited to start printing out some of my newly made pages! Thanks again for all the help.
          Deb

Comment

• MommaBird
            Digi Sage
            • Jul 2007

You can also print your 8 x 8 at Walmart, on 8 x 10 then trim.
            It will give you a nice colorfast photo. Also, you can format for 4 x 6 and do brag books. Some of them offer you a choice of gloss or matte. I usually get the matte (shows finger prints less).

Comment

• Skeeter84
              • Mar 2010

can you take it to wal mart and have it printed on paper like scrapbook paper or does it have to be photo paper? I guess I was just thinking only to printing on paper but I guess photo paper may look better.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                Layout Whiz
                • Nov 2009

It's funny, I guess I don't have a high quality printer, but when I print on photo paper, the LO's come out really dark and yuck. I print on cardstock and they come out great. I think it's a personal choice, you should try them both and see what you like best.
                I print on 110lb 8x11 cardstock and trim the edges.
                Good luck!
                Kelly

Comment

• lmcminnie
                  • Feb 2010

I've also heard that Costco or Sam's (if you have one nearby) prints layout pages at a VERY reasonable price..you just upload them to their website and can pick them up the same day..

Comment

Working...
                  X