+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Reading, PA, USA
    Posts
    922

    Default Racing font needed

    I am trying to locate a free font (not an alpha) that looks like the text is speeding along--lines out the back of the letters. Anyone know where I can find a font for racing?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grannywin View Post
    I am trying to locate a free font (not an alpha) that looks like the text is speeding along--lines out the back of the letters. Anyone know where I can find a font for racing?
    Try: http://www.grsites.com/archive/fonts/
    or: http://www.specialtyfonts.com/
    or http://www.dafont.com/

    There has to be something there for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    8,450

    Default

    With Vista how do you download fronts.I have tried with not results.I have downloaded on the other windows no problem.I hate Vista and I have had it for over a year and it sucks.I got the vista when it should have not been put out so early.So needless to say I have all the bad quirts in it.I hate when you buy a computer and are forced with Vista.You should be able to have what you want in it.

    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye View Post
    With Vista how do you download fronts.I have tried with not results.I have downloaded on the other windows no problem.I hate Vista and I have had it for over a year and it sucks.I got the vista when it should have not been put out so early.So needless to say I have all the bad quirts in it.I hate when you buy a computer and are forced with Vista.You should be able to have what you want in it.
    Eye, Microsoft have a habit of doing this. They publish and sell software before all the testing has been done and the bugs ironed out. Basically, we the public are left to struggle with awful programmes and are the guinea pigs. Why do you think every time something goes wrong, there is a "report this problem" box for sending the information to Microsoft. It was recommended to me that I put XP Pro onto my computer, and to wait until at least Service Pack 2 came out before upgrading - even the techie guys were saying that Vista was useless. I managed to get a copy of XP Pro in January of this year. It might be an option for you too.

    What does your computer tell you when you try to download a font? I will see if I can help

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    8,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Eye, Microsoft have a habit of doing this. They publish and sell software before all the testing has been done and the bugs ironed out. Basically, we the public are left to struggle with awful programmes and are the guinea pigs. Why do you think every time something goes wrong, there is a "report this problem" box for sending the information to Microsoft. It was recommended to me that I put XP Pro onto my computer, and to wait until at least Service Pack 2 came out before upgrading - even the techie guys were saying that Vista was useless. I managed to get a copy of XP Pro in January of this year. It might be an option for you too.

    What does your computer tell you when you try to download a font? I will see if I can help
    It goes through the process ofdownloading but it does nor get their.I have downloaded fonts many times on windows xp but this is terrible.When you buy stores refuse if you want vista removed.

    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye View Post
    It goes through the process ofdownloading but it does nor get their.I have downloaded fonts many times on windows xp but this is terrible.When you buy stores refuse if you want vista removed.
    Of course they would, they operate on a percentage commission basis for every system they sell with Vista installed. If you can get hold of the discs for XP and know someone who is good with computers, back up all your data and ask them to format your hard drive and install XP for you if that is the system you know and are happy with. Then re-load your programmes and data and you should be good to go.

    Unfortunately this is not a one or two hour process and whoever does it for you should firstly know what they are doing and secondly have the time to do it right. About a day or two to do a proper job. There will be a lot of updates that need downloading and installing - takes time.

    As to the font downloads, I will do some internet research and see what I can find out for you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grannywin View Post
    I am trying to locate a free font (not an alpha) that looks like the text is speeding along--lines out the back of the letters. Anyone know where I can find a font for racing?
    The only fonts that I know of that come even close to that description are "Wind", but the lines are in front (commercial font). Others that could be a possibility are BAMF Gradient, Where is the Rest, and maybe one or two in the eroded and distorted sections on dafont.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    6,456

    Default

    Eye, installing fonts in Vista is the same as it was in XP. download your font. Unzip it. Go to control panel. Select "classic view" on the left side. Then you will see a folder called "fonts". Just drag them into that folder and the will install automatically.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grannywin View Post
    I am trying to locate a free font (not an alpha) that looks like the text is speeding along--lines out the back of the letters. Anyone know where I can find a font for racing?
    There's a font called "STORM" that I think might be what you are looking for. I've seen it at many of the free font sites... Hope this helps!

    Here's a link...
    http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=storm
    Last edited by lily6570; 05-17-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added link
    My friends are: Moonlightpearl, thecombsfive

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wherever RV is... Family in NC
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye View Post
    With Vista how do you download fronts.I have tried with not results.I have downloaded on the other windows no problem.I hate Vista and I have had it for over a year and it sucks.I got the vista when it should have not been put out so early.So needless to say I have all the bad quirts in it.I hate when you buy a computer and are forced with Vista.You should be able to have what you want in it.
    Microsoft actually did what they said they would never do -- you can now choose to order a computer / laptop with XP or Vista. They normally do not go back in versions, but Windows Millenium and Vista were both soooooo bad, it would have killed any other company. Face it, Microsoft dominates the PC world. You could go with Lenix, but don't have the wide software choices you do with Windows (Microsoft).
    Hope you can acquire XP. If you do, be sure to back up everything!

Similar Threads

  1. Recognize This Font???
    By lilbinkey in forum Embellishments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 04:34 PM
  2. Font Help
    By Newfiedeb in forum Scrapbook MAX! Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 01:43 PM
  3. Stock Car Racing
    By srussell in forum New Releases
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
  4. Font Management
    By poppabob in forum Scrapbook MAX! Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 08:43 PM
  5. Template: Go Cart Racing
    By kristyc1994 in forum Templates (v1.0)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 06:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts