• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPierce
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2007

Would someone like to help me...

I would like to extract a picture of my niece from her prom out of the background. I don't have the tools or knowledge. I think from the look of the picture it would not be too difficult to extract <but what do I know>. If you would like to help please PM me with your email and the resolution you need. This is a 12 megapixel image so I am pretty sure you don't need a file that large.

I am attaching a low res photo for you to see before you commit to helping. It might be harder than I first thought.
    IMG_0501.JPG

Thanks.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.
  • Wickel
    Layout Whiz
    • Feb 2007

Here ya go ! Hope this is what you were looking for
    Attached Files

Comment

• Vanessa
      Digi Sage
      • Apr 2008

Try this hon, I am not sure how misting comes out when converted to PNG, but have given it a try for you. Try it over a slightly darker background, the misted edges should blend into the background
      Attached Files

Comment

• KPierce
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2007

Thank you Wickel and Vanessa. That is great. I figured you would need a higher resolution image but like I said what do I know.

Thank you so much.
        My buddy is GrannyWin.
        My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• dact222
          • May 2008

I love how you did this- what tools or program do you need to do this?

Comment

• Vanessa
            Digi Sage
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by dact222 View Post
            I love how you did this- what tools or program do you need to do this?
            I am not sure what programme Wickel uses hon, but I use Paintshop Pro 8

Comment

• EclecticDiva
              • Apr 2008

Wow.. alright..

now someone please tell me how to do it, LOL. I was thinking about removing a pic from a background and couldn't figure it out..

I would love to know what program you used and how you did it.. Thanks in advance..

Eclectic Diva
              [email protected]
              My buddies are: Pink Lollipop, twpclerk & grannywin

Comment

• MommaBird
                Digi Sage
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Vanessa View Post
                I am not sure what programme Wickel uses hon, but I use Paintshop Pro 8
                I liked Paintsho Pro better when JASC was still maintaining. I had been using that since it was freeware. I think 8 is the last version before Corel took over. I like CorelDraw, but I really liked Jasc. I still use that myself, although I have PSP XI installed.

Comment

Working...
                X