X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mint
    Layout Whiz
    • Oct 2006

Wow you girls are right on top of this one. Very beautiful pages. Cant believe its only the secant day of the mo. if you'll keep this up it is going to be big.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

BLinkie business!!

If anyone wants a blinkie made using the freebie kit..I've created a file using just the items presented from Carena's Alex kit..and have her permission to do them. So here is the sample..You tell me what you want it to say!!

HUGS!!
      donna
      Attached Files

Comment

• clemencia
        • Oct 2007

freebie?

I can't get the file, is extension smb???
        is that the freebie...
        Clmeencia

Originally posted by The Groove View Post
        Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

There's MORE! Everyone gets the freebie, and at the end of the month, three lucky, random participants will also receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. WOO-HOO!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The "Freebie" Part

Carena Scott has generously supplied a freebie mini-kit to all our Groove readers based on her full kit called “Alex” - “[A]versatile kit for both men and women. Scrap your family photos and outdoor photos. Warm neutral earthy colours to blend with any colour range with a little floral for the ladies and star bursts for the gents.”

The “Challenge” Part!

Carena has issued this challenge based on her freebie mini-kit:

“Use the freebie kit and complete a layout using all items. Multi use of the same item is allowed and recommended. Remember your elements don’t have to be completely within the page, they can hang out over the edge. Use as many photographs as you wish but they must be black and white or monotone. Make your pages as interesting as you can and most of all - have lots of fun..”

Three lucky, random challenge participants will get an official Scrapbook MAX!mousepad.

Love the mini-kit and want more? Get the full Alex Kit today!

So get the freebies, accept the challenge, and get in on the fun (and the possibility of a free mousepad!)

And of course, be sure to check out the May 2008 issue of The Groove (we're celebrating April Fool's Day in May)! You'll find more freebies, tips, and even an awesome discount on featured kits in the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store! (Plus, you can win a mousepad if you identify the three "Fake for April Fool's Day" headlines - details in The Groove!)

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
        Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!

Comment

• KPierce
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by clemencia View Post
          I can't get the file, is extension smb???
          is that the freebie...
          Clmeencia
          Yes that is the freebie. When you download and click on that file it will install to SBM.
          My buddy is GrannyWin.
          My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• tahine
            • Jan 2008

This is my first LO and I think it is kind of crazy.... but hey, I have to be brave and upload it LOL...so here you go like it or not!..hee hee

[/IMG]

Comment

• mismo
              • Feb 2008

same kit

Is everyone working of the same kit, I see some things in the layouts that I haven't got, I only have one background for a start, and no frames,
              Last edited by mismo; 05-02-2008, 01:38 PM. Reason: error
              sigpic My buddies are Moonlightpearl

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

Well here is my page. I used a picture of Xena, which because of her coloring made the page look monochrome.

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Good morning everyone - I see you all have been busy while I have been sleeping. Yawn - Caitlyn woke me before I was ready to wake up but that's nothing new. LOL

Freebie consists of:
                  1 paper, floral branch, doodle swirly thing, eyelet & ribbon and 1 ribbon bow.

What you make with it is up to you - add other stuff if you like. Some have used templates (big thanks to Donna we all learnt so much from that month challenge - awesome - can't thank you enough even though we all got major headaches LOL) some have made framing etc. Very creative guys - well done.

Moonlight - love the family tree idea with that swirl thing (doodle) LOL - great idea.

KPierce - yes the variety amazes me also from just 5 items - everyone is being very creative and its great to see - also gives us all ideas on how and what to do. Awesome.

Clemeica - I've messaged - click the attached file and download. Hugs

tahine - go crazy girl - love what you did - awesome. Sometimes going crazy is the best way to explore and what you come up with looks great - I'm sure everyone will agree.

Marion - great layout as usual - excellent.

Will pop on over to the gallery now and leave lots of loving for you all - they are all awesome and blown away with so many layouts already and so soon in the month.

Oh - thanks Donna for the blinkie - love what you've done - you totally rock - Many thanks for your time I don't know how you find the time. - I've messaged you my email - we will get something completed soon so everyone who wants to can grab a blinkie. Hugs

Now if I've missed something out - sorry - catch you all in the gallery.
                  Carena
                  Kind wishes from Carena
                  Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                  Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Feb 2008

Everyone did a fabulous job...........wow Moon very creative by using that.
                    sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• KPierce
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Nov 2007

I thought I posted once, so now maybe twice. I think i lost one. Sorry if it is duplicated.

Thanks for the challenge and the mini kit.

My buddy is GrannyWin.
                      My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2007

Here's mine! Thanks Carena for the info on how you did Caitlyn's photo sketch. This is my attempt at doing that (well, my 6th or 7th attempt.) I'm getting better.

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• mint
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Oct 2006

Hope I have this right. Here is my page.

I did change the color of ribbon and Tye.
                          Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• mint
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Oct 2006

Well I did not see the background paper will have to look for it and redo. bummer
                            Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• mint
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Oct 2006

Ok I went back and looked and I cant find a paper. where is it supose to be.
                              I'm sure I'm just overlooking it. but I need help.
                              I looked in max and cant find it with the other things.
                              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• omajo
                                Digi Sage
                                • Dec 2006

I just downloaded the kit today and I couldn't find the paper too. So you are not the only one Mint. I dl again , still not there. So I decided to buy the complete kit "Alex", dl the complete kit and the 10 papers are missing too. Very strange, ?? I thought probably because I use 'Vista', but even with my hubby computer which is on 'XP', still not there. ?????? I need help too,.. thanks
                                Glad we still got one month do do this challenge,............

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

Working...
                                X