• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

May 08 Designer Challenge featuring: Angelwithin

Julie is about to have her baby any day so not only do you have to put up with me all month but i'm also starting the challenge

I've revived an old challenge we did here on Max before for this month, attached is a kit i've made and a swatch for you to work with

The Mega Kit Challenge

You are to make Layouts AND share the template here in this thread

By the end of the month - You will have an entire matching album with all the templates that will be shared here in this thread.

It's a fairly nice sized kit BUT here's an even more fun part of the challenge - If you are a designer or even if you are just starting to learn a program such as photoshop. photoshop elements, or PSP, use the elements in the kit as inspitarion to create MATCHING elements for this kit.

It can be a paper, some word art, or an embellishment. When creating things for this challenge, you MUST stick to the color scheme of this kit so it will match, a swatch is attached to help you match the colours.

for those who are not sure on how to make a template from their layouts ...once you have made your layout and published it ...go to File > Export Template > check remove photos > Ok ....you will then find this file in My Documents > Scrapbook Max > Templates, Just attach the SMT file to your posts

Rules:

1) Post a layout to the gallery using this kit (and any extra items that get made along the way)

2) Share your template with this group by posting to this thread

3) If you'd like, make additional coordinating pieces to go with this kit and share with the group by posting to this thread so others can use it in their layouts!

lets make a mega matching kit & templates and have fun!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by angelwithin; 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• EclecticDiva
    • Apr 2008

A challenge..

how wonderful. I will give it a try... :-)
    [email protected]
    My buddies are: Pink Lollipop, twpclerk & grannywin

Comment

• Winnie49
      Layout Whiz
      • Mar 2006

wow Fiona it sounds great!!!!!
      all my best wishes to our dear Julie!
      baci
      Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
        Layout Whiz
        • Feb 2008

Whoopis,

Another challenge. Good one !
        sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• EclecticDiva
          • Apr 2008

The "MAY" Challenge

Fellow SBMer's... This was my first attempt at doing a template. Please feel free to share your thoughts, offer suggestions and give a little love to my bruised psyche.. :-)

I can't wait to see the others.. If you can tell me how to make it a .smt I will be happy to change it. It attached as a "jpeg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by EclecticDiva; 04-30-2008, 06:41 PM. Reason: needed to add more info
          [email protected]
          My buddies are: Pink Lollipop, twpclerk & grannywin

Comment

• angelwithin
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by EclecticDiva View Post
            Fellow SBMer's... This was my first attempt at doing a template. Please feel free to share your thoughts, offer suggestions and give a little love to my bruised psyche.. :-)

I can't wait to see the others.. If you can tell me how to make it a .smt I will be happy to change it. It attached as a "jpeg
            great page

once you have made your layout and published it ...go to File > Export Template > check remove photos > Ok ....you will then find this file in My Documents > Scrapbook Max > Templates, Just attach the SMT file to your posts

, Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• twpclerk
              Layout Whiz
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by EclecticDiva View Post

Very nice for your 1st template. Can't wait to see more from you!!
              Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
              *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
              Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
              OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• Moonlightpearl
                Digi Sage
                • Mar 2008

Looks like a great challenge Fiona. I don't have such program to do it .Good luck everyone.
                [/SIGPIC]

Comment

• angelwithin
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Moonlightpearl View Post
                  Looks like a great challenge Fiona. I don't have such program to do it .Good luck everyone.

you dont have to make anything in other programs to be part of it....layouts & templates done in Max will be great

, Check out my store
                  Here

Comment

• KPierce
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2007

curled ribbon and frames

I haven't made a page yet but I played around with some shapes. I still seem to be lost in shape world after Donna's challenge. These curled ribbons and frames were made from shapes in SBM. I got the curled ribbon idea using shapes from something I found on the internet after Donna's class. I hope it works and you can use them.
                    _pgImage_0.jpg_pgImage_1.jpg
                    KMP-May challenge.smt
                    Last edited by KPierce; 04-30-2008, 09:48 PM.
                    My buddy is GrannyWin.
                    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

KPierce, it loaded as a template, not embellishments. Shouldn't it have .smb at the end?
                      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Oceania
                        Mad Scrapper
                        • Mar 2008

Hi all

This was a fun challenge and a good one since I have never done a template before. I liked it so much I did two lol I have also made alpha's for this but this is where it gets tricky how do I up load those? Do I zip them up then attach them as a gif or something? Thanks and sorry for asking but I haven't done that either until now. Please also let me know what you all think so I can be sure that I'm on the right track, thanks in advance
                        Attached Files
                        sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Moonbeam
                          • Mar 2006

Good challenge Fiona
                          Heres my effort - added afew matching adaptions.. hope you can use them
                          Attached Files

Comment

• angelwithin
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Nov 2006

kpierce they are wonderful
                            Hope if you open the smt kpierce has given when working you can open that as an extra page then copy & paste the images into the page you are working in

Oceania you can add them as png files in the manage attachments box below or add a zip file there up to 5mb - just look below the submit reply > additional options > mamnage attachments - i've attached images of your two pages that you have in your template too....far too pretty not to show

Moonbeam beautiful page...love the caption
                            Attached Files

, Check out my store
                            Here

Comment

• angelwithin
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Nov 2006

For those who need the kit in zip file

for the couple of ladies that can not extract the smb file here is the kit in zip form
                              Attached Files

, Check out my store
                              Here

Comment

Working...
                              X