+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mh51 ~ MP3

Default mh51 ~ MP3

Does anyone know of a FREE download which will enable me to convert my music filesd (from CD) into MP3 files???

I bought Roxio software which I genuinely had to re-install a few times on my laptop when I was having problms. Each time I re-installed Windows I had to obviously re-install Roxio and the last time I tried to do this I was told I had to purchase a new product key.... £50 (abt $100). As I had paid £50 for the software in the first place, I just feel this is such a 'rip off'.

Can anyone help...???

There is magix mp3 maker/converter at go have a look http://www.magix.com/uk/#
    Wolvsie, Eye, Tiffany scraps and Smile are my buddies.:cool

Many thanks... had a look... is this a FREE programme. Don't want to fill in all my personal details & then find it's NOT.

Have a browse through www.download.com Mary. This is the CNET software evaluation site. They may well have something on there that fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Have a browse through www.download.com Mary. This is the CNET software evaluation site. They may well have something on there that fits the bill.

I did look there but guess what, the FREE one I download & then installed BUT it only converts 60% of the source... now what's all that about...!!!***!!! Waste of time downloading.

Anyone else got any suggestions.?

Windows Media Player, which comes with your computer will do it. Open the Player, go to Tools, Option, Rip, and choose the format you want it in. It has MP3 there.

I do this all the time. Let me know if you need more help, Mary.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    Windows Media Player, which comes with your computer will do it. Open the Player, go to Tools, Option, Rip, and choose the format you want it in. It has MP3 there.

I do this all the time. Let me know if you need more help, Mary.

REALLY.... will give it a go & let you know. TY

I've used FreeRip before (http://www.freerip.com/features.php). The basic version is free ... and if memory serves, it hooks into an online CD database to fill in your MP3 tag information for each track. But I'm not positive about that.

Anywho, that's my recomendation. Haven't converted CD -> MP3 for some time now ... but FreeRip was the best when I did.

Desmond.

Talking Ei, Mary !!

http://www.wmamp3-converter.com
    Mary, this and one universal converter not only MP3 as all the types of media ok

You know ... seems to me you can also rip right in Windows Media Player and iTunes.