• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smile
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2006

Just Memories:

I woke up today from a bad dream so I thought that I would try to turn it into a positive thing. It is about my sister Karen. She is and always will be my special friend. Unlike me she was a bit shy and never did much for herself. I called her one day and talked her into going to the big city to stay at another sister's for the weekend. I was so excited when she said yes. We would half to take the bus which would take about two hours to get there. Well for some reason when ever I travel things always seem to happen. After waiting for at least a half an hour we were told that the bus had broken down but that they would taxi us to the next town to meet one there. By this time there were three other people waiting for the same bus. They were young students that I knew from my son's class. So we all had to get into this taxi together. Knowing how shy my sister was I let her sit in the front seat with the driver while I squeezed into the back with these three teenager's. As we got on our way my sister started a confersation with the driver. After realizing he was from where she lived she asked him what his last name was. He said "Right" to which she replies very quickly..."its sure a lot better than being "wrong". Off course we four in the back seat are trying not to laugh out loud because the driver didn't seem to notice her sence of humour. Well we finally reach the next town when the driver gets out of the car first. My sister looks back at us with this shocked look . She says " where the hell did he go, did he fall in a hole. To all our supprise this taxi driver that was sitting next to my sister and looking all of six feet tall was a midget. Needless to say this was just the beginning of an unforgetable weekend. I just had to share this little memory with you because my sister died about five years ago and I am having one of those , I miss you sis so so much, and the hurting never gets better just not as often....Lois.....xoxo
    sigpic....
  • jazzieal
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2006

I know what you mean Smile...somedays EVERYTHING reminds me of Lori and memories about such small as well as big things overtake me...thank goodness we will never lose our memories..sometimes to sad and other times make us laugh..
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

Our hearts store our grief as well as our memories. Sometimes it's good to take out the grief, look it over, let the release of tears come before we pack it back away and take out the memories. To paraphrase Longfellow, "Into every life a little rain must fall" but "Behind every cloud, the sun is shining". Once the release of tears has washed away the grief, it's easier to think of the good times you had with her. Although it's hard not to wish we could still share things with our loved ones, we can take comfort from the memories they left behind. I hope and pray that both of you have a sunshiny day today filled with the wonderful memories you shared with your loved ones.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• pkdoll
        Scrap Guru
        • Dec 2006

Smile that was very nice of you to share that memory with us. As time goes by it does get a little easier, but you never ever forget!! Every once in a while I will think of something my mom or dad did or said and it will bring a smile to my face as well. I miss them sooo much too at times. Keep smiling girl!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• mh51
          Scrap Guru
          • Jul 2006

OH BOY............... I'm lost for words. I'm so lucky to still have my younger sister (Helen) with me. We live 200 miles apart, and she is still working, but we try & make time for each other. We grab 'overnight stays' now & again because you never know 'what's around the corner'.
          Thanks SMILE for sharing this with us because it just makes one sit back & 'take stock'.
          GOD BLESS.

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Memories are so precious x
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• ryansmom66
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2008

My prayers are with you all who have lost a loved one. I have no sisters, but have lost my best friend, Mother and Father, so I do understand. Take care,
              Trisha
              My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                Layout Whiz
                • Feb 2008

Smile,

I am sure she is in the heaven now watching over you and the rest of her family too. Don't be too sad.
                sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• wolvsie35
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2007

Don't ever lose those memories...<wink> This is why I say treasure everyday, cause that is exactly what you are doing~ Creating memories..Great story..thanks for sharing...((HUGS))
                  I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• rosana brito
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jul 2006

HI!! my friends !!

Lois, Jazz, all we have moments of extreme sadness in our life now?
                    I lost my I marry when he had only 4 years of marriage, my son had 3 years, and he always asked if the papa would not come back more, this suffering made me a depressive person and my son a sad boy!
                    But the time in made them to recoup, always looks for to today remember the good moments that we had to the side of it, our life this remade to the side of another person, but as the Jazz said Thanks to God does not lose the memory!
                    Important and what we have inside of our heart, and God and our protector our shoulder friend now! You this correct Smile, transforms its sadness into different thing. , it today makes a thing that has will and it never made, looks for to look at the nature the flowers the birds, looks at how many pretty things God in left them to surpass our sadnesses now!
                    Its history was pretty, and is certain its sister a this happy and paradise, together with lori, and all the ones that already had been ok

Kisses

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

Memories are Special! I know my mom lost her only sister/sibling about 7 years ago, and she still has her moments. They were very close.

I had something happen a couple of days ago that touched me in a special way. I know I have shared that I had a son (Donnie) that died 27 years ago of a rare form of childhood cancer. The prognosis has been so bleak because it's truly considered the worse of all the cancers. I had prayed that I would live to see a cure of that cancer (neuroblastoma). Over the years, I have read and have kept up on progresses being made, but nothing encouraging, UNTIL NOW! On last Sunday, at the annual Cancer convention, it was annouced that they have made a major break through that could result in better prognosis and treatment for Neurablastoma. I read the report and I'm so encouraged!

I miss my son and the years has helped with that healing but the fact that he died of something that is so terrible and nothing was available to save his life. My existence has been believing that something good has to come out of it. At this place in life, the only good to me would be a cure! I hope that we might see that in the near future.
                      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                      !

nie

Comment

• Granny
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Mar 2006

Smile, thank you for sharing something so special with us. And you other folks too. I'm still mourning by grandma, who died 40 years ago. And it seems that in the last few weeks, I'm really missing my Dad. Is like, it wasn't real until now that he is really gone.

Sharing you sorrow with all of you...
                        sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Smile
                          Digi Sage
                          • Nov 2006

Thank you:

I know that for some people they find this depressing and I guess it is in a way. But for me it is remembering someone so special who lived and breathed on this earth. Who had a life that should not be forgotten. I guess what really got to me lately was a comment that was made on the news which said that in 150 years no one will remember any of us. But that is then and this is now. I have a picture of my two sisters and brother's whom I lost with cancer in the past 14 years. I talk to them at least once a week and try to remember when last we laughed together. They each in turn did what God put them here to do. I like to think that one part of that was to teach me what is good in my heart. So the heck with 150 years from now. We will carry this on. Please, I love your stories and lets let them live in our hearts. It is the least we can do..........xoxoxo
                          sigpic....

Comment

• fourfoxes
                            Digi Sage
                            • Oct 2007

Isn't it good to have fun memories. I have many of my brother, mom and dad that I think of often. I have those miss you so much days frequently too. ((HUGS))

Debby
                            My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• nanwu
                              Digi Sage
                              • Apr 2007

smile, thanks for sharing this, I am going through a few bad days at the moment, I lost my dad 3 years ago next month and my brother in July last year, his boys have no other family and I am their sounding block and their comfort.......sometime's i just want someone to listen to me.....but this thread has made me realise that i don't need anyone else to listen to me because i have the most amazing memories of my dad and my brother...and it's also made me realise that i don't always have to be the strong one i am allowed to cry also...thank you for this thread

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

Working...
                              X