+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thanks so much everyone....Tears have been falling alot lately, but only in the good you all bring...Everyone is so sweet and caring in here, and I can't be more thankful to know you all...I have been doing alot of thinking, and am aiming for the heart fix first and just deal with whatever comes out of it when it happens..lol..Did alot of research and it is really the only proceedure they can do around here to get things fixed...So...
    Tomorrow, I go for more tests results for other things that a new doctor tested me for, so cross your fingers again..I don't need bad news twice in one week..UGH..lol...I will let you all know when I know...
    Thanks again for being such a loving family...((HUGS))
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Michele, I pray God gives you the strength and comfort you need right now in your life. Hugs, Susie
    Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
    *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
    Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
    OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Ohh Michele you have been whammied soo much!!! I have to agree with Granny on this one...see if you can get on a list for a kidney transplant...the earlier you get on it the better you'll be, you might not need it right now, but at least you'll be on the list. Your docs should be able to guide you in the right directions. As always my thoughts and prayers are with ya!
    Keepin my fingers crossed for good news tommorow!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Michelle you are in my prayers, even though you don't know me. What is happening to you is so unfair.The only thing I can say is that we are praying for you, you only, know what is best for you and it is a hard decision to make.God bless you and gives you the strength you need.Hugs.
    [/SIGPIC]

Michelle, prayers get you through some tough situations and your pals here are sending a bushel to you.

My husband had the same concerns during a recent surgery and the doctors made sure he took a series of pills called NAC before the dye was injected to protect the kidneys. Did anyone mention this to you yet?

you dont know me but i've so enjoyed your posts and art work that i feel like your a friend of mine! I'm so very sorry you are having to go thru this honey

First and foremost you have to get your heart working. Statistically women do not survive heart attacks at a young age very well, so you just have to get this taken care of. Its a fact your heart got issues, and with out it the prospect is poor, with the kidneys, you have a chance that it WONT kill the infected kidney, and even if it does you still have one kidney and could be fine for a long time and be on a donor list without dialysis. Worst case scenerio dialysis is always an option, but there is no option for your wonderful heart (and a big one at that from what i've seen, your such a dear)

I hope im not being to blunt, its the RN in me tho. MD's usually give you the worst case scenerios upfront, so always know there is a chance that both kidneys will survive.

On that note, i'm concerned (i havent read all responses, as i just worked 12 hours and am brain dead, so not sure it was brought up) but im very concerned that the Dr said he'd give you a lot of time to come to a decision. Really if you have significant blockage even in a small vien it can lead to a heart attack and ischemia to that part of the heart. Don't let him let you wait that long, my advise to you, is get your kidney as strong as you can as fast as you can (or if its already stong) and get this angiogram done NOW. Often they can just fix it while they are in there with no surgery.

Keep abreast of things with your nephrologist and your endocrinologist and ask the best advise about kidney transplant. If your having blockage now, chances are it could happen again, and they will want to do dye tests once in a blue moon, so if its going to effect you this much, get everyone as involved as possible. Also it never ever hurts to get a second opinion.

also a dye called Gadolinium dye is being used on renal patients with better results. Its not used by everyone, but google it, it seems to be handled well by many renal patients as its not nearly as nephro toxic. Might be a good option!

Good luck and i really hope i could help you in some small way.

Michelle I can only pray for you, that God will lead you to the best decision. I'm sure you are in good hands. !!

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

oh also, read this, its very informative (hopefully the MD knows this stuff), but it will educate you too on things to do before hand and what meds to take and to hold (like no metformin for a while and take mucomyst to help secrete the dyes.)

anyway hope this helps you!

http://www.sjmercyhealth.org/documen...ephropathy.pdf

Nurseypoo5... Thank you for sharing that info with Wolvsie. We love the kid. She is a royal pain in the Caracas sometimes, but she is really precious.

Ah.... Don't tell her we think she is precious, she already has a big head on her shoulders!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Michelle, I will add you to my prayer list! What a choice to be faced with! I guess I'd ask the doctor what he would do if it were them or their spouse or child in my place. Sorry I can't give you any better advice than that. Give it to God.