Publishing Scrapbook Page as a webpage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • queenofdreamsz
    • Jul 2006

Publishing Scrapbook Page as a webpage??

Hey there, I haven't purchased the program yet. still have a few questions.

Can I upload a page to my website? The page would have to be saved with a .htm or .html extention. Also, if you can upload a page to a website (according to what the description of the program says) then can I add hyperlinks in my scrapbook pages? If the page will save as a .htm or .html file then I could add hyperlinks by opening the page in my Frontpage program and then add them.

Not trying to get too technical but need to know what the flexibility of the program really is. I'm not interested in uploading pages to an online album.

I'm only interested in being able to upload to my website so if anyone out there knows these details please let me know. I don't make much hardcopy of scrapbook pages.

I'm mainly interested in the different graphics and embellishments to print out as enclosure cards, tags, and export and save to be able to use in other programs if needed.

Also, Are the file formats standard (JPG,JPEG,BMP, etc) or are they program exclusive?

Thanks in advance, Stephanie
  • Marnie
    • Jan 2006

webpage - part answer

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, you can publish to html. As for the hyperlinks, I'll have to let someone else step in and answer that.

Yes, the image files are in standard (i.e., JPG) format.
    Hope that helps with at least some of your questions
    Marnie

Comment

• Lorne
      Super Moderator
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by queenofdreamsz
      Can I upload a page to my website? The page would have to be saved with a .htm or .html extention. Also, if you can upload a page to a website (according to what the description of the program says) then can I add hyperlinks in my scrapbook pages? If the page will save as a .htm or .html file then I could add hyperlinks by opening the page in my Frontpage program and then add them.
      Yep, you can output your pages to standard HTML. It will even create navigation hyperlinks to go back and forth between the pages. It's 100% standard HTML though, so you can go in and edit it any way you want.

You can also output to standard JPEG images and then incorporate those images into your site on your own if you want.

Not trying to get too technical but need to know what the flexibility of the program really is. I'm not interested in uploading pages to an online album.
      The output options are totally flexible. You can control the JPEG quality, the size, all of that good stuff. You can even output to PDF!
      Also, Are the file formats standard (JPG,JPEG,BMP, etc) or are they program exclusive?
      The file formats are standard. Even PNG32 is supported (PNG files with a full alpha channel, for transparency/translucency).
      Lorne ( )
      Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• queenofdreamsz
        • Jul 2006

Uploading Pages to Website???

Hey there, Thanks so much for answering my questions.

So from the replies I have just read I know that I can add hyperlinks since I can view the html code for the pages that I produce.

That is wonderful!

Now...I have my domain hosted at godaddy.com. I have uploaded pages using my Frontpage software but I've never uploaded using any other software.

Has anyone uploaded their pages to a website? and what upload software are you using. I have read nightmare stories about some of them not being user friendly.

I see everyone selling these themes for scrapbooking. I can buy these and use with the Scrapbook Max program??

I haven't downloaded the trial version yet but does the amount of backgrounds, borders, tags, graphics compare to the Creating Keepsakes software?

Sorry for so many questions / I have purchased too many softwares that don't perform to my needs once recieved..LOL

Thanks again and can't wait to hear from someone..I'm getting excited now that I think this could be the user friendly software that I've been looking for.

Blessings, Stephanie

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

Hi Stephanie

I can appreciate your questions. I too have purchased software that did not work for me. I would truly recommend that you download the trial version and play with it. I am also confident that you will want to purchase it within a short time. I really love this program because it is everything I hoped and so much more. I personally would like to do something of a family tree and have not figured out how or where to start. Right now, I am organizing my old pics and scanning only the ones I want to use into pages. I orginally thought I would scan everything but I would still be stuck with all the original pics.

Maybe Scrapbook Max could design a family tree software. I would sure be willing to pay extra for it. Needless to say, you will love the forum and the software.

Onie
          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

• Marnie
            • Jan 2006

suggestion.....?

Originally posted by OnieRN
            Maybe Scrapbook Max could design a family tree software. I would sure be willing to pay extra for it.
            Onie
            Why don't you post this great idea in the suggestion section with an appropriate title. The "head honchos" are likely to pick it up that way!!!! Great suggestion!
            Marnie

Comment

Working...
            X