HELP! Just purchased, and ?? about downloading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nurseypoo5
    • Apr 2008

HELP! Just purchased, and ?? about downloading!

I'm such a nerd, im totally confoogled about how the heck to download the different programs.

I bought all three, and i got 3 emails saying to download all three, but when i do its just the same program as the last one. It looks just like the free trial version. I do know i'll get the cd's for upgrades, but should all three (babies, weddings and basic) all be different? Should i still download them, as they all say "file already found" after i'm done (they are named the same.

Im just confused. Also i'm assuming i cant download any extras from the site or other sites until i have the cd's? Is that right?

one more question (ok a few more) how do you guys download extra's and save them in one spot to be able to import easily. I'm having trouble with that also (or was it because i was playing with the free trial), they all have the wrong ext. at the end.

I just end up with a happazard folder stating "scrapbook" that is so jumbled with stuff that i know before long i wont know where what is and what what is....any suggestions to keep it organized? I really want to get busy quick, i have a new grandbaby and havent even scrapped his MOMMY yet! lordy!
  • LindaPete
    Mad Scrapper
    • Mar 2008

Nursey,
    Welcome to SBM. I'm guessing that all three programs are basically the same until you get the cd's to load all of the different content. I only purchased one edition, so can't say for sure. But, yes, it did appear to be the same as the trial version. My cd took about 10days to two weeks to arrive, I live in South Dakota.

I have a folder called scrapbook that I put all my download stuff in. From what I understand, dragging more stuff into the actual program boggs it down and makes things run slower. I'm slowly organizing all my files and categorizing them as to designer and colors etc.

Hope some of this is of help!

Visit my blog at www.mrsjaybob.com

Comment

• mint
      Layout Whiz
      • Oct 2006

The only differences in the programs are the kits. if you need the kits in wedding or baby's its a good buy if not then you don't need all 3.
      Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
        Layout Whiz
        • Feb 2008

Hi nurseypoo5,
        If I didn't 'mistaken' you are 'trying' to download the SBM software 3 times (thats why you pc/laptop tell you 'is already there'). If I am right then is easy. After you download the register copy of SBM software in you pc/laptop (using any one of the 3 you bought). You just download the content kit (the second link in the email) for the rest of the other two (don't download/click the SBM software again just the content kits and embellishments. Walla! You should be getting all the different set of contents in your pc/laptop. To
        'confirm' you get the register copy is 'easy' when you publish your scrapbook by SBM software, you won't see the 'black banner' appear on your page which mean is not a 'trialware'. I only bought the basic kit so not sure about the differences of the kits. But it will not be 'much' due to the 'size'. You will have to wait for the CDs to arrive and get all the contents. Check out the 'Sharing Corner' at the mean time, you should find some goodies share by members. Hope its help. Look forwards to see your layout. Happy Scrapbooking.
        sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• nurseypoo5
          • Apr 2008

thanks but i'm thinking, by actually reading all the fine print that i wont get anything else besides the very basic (like the free preview) until my disc's arrive in a couple of weeks.

I wish i could get them this week as i have 4 days off starting thursday!

Comment

Working...
          X