• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

My new puter

Boy first my dog died and then my computer kicked the bucket! But my sweet husband bought me a new one. With a 24 INCH MONITOR!
    I love it! It does run on vista, but so far I have not had any problems yet, except for my scanner software, So he bought me a new printer/scanner too! What a guy. I think I will keep him! I am still learning how to work this new operating system and I have been busy transfering stuff and setting everything up. But I am way behind in reading post and in layouts. I hope to get caught up soon. At least it kept my mind off of losing my dear friend Xena somewhat.
  • pkdoll
    Scrap Guru
    • Dec 2006

Ooooh! marion that is terrible. The good thing is you didn't lose your stuff!! Feels so good to know that you backed things up hey!! What a sweet hubby to get you hooked up right away!! So are you liking Vista?? Do you have photoshop? If so does everything work? Some say that the styles and stuff aren't all compatible with Vista. Hope to see some of your LO's again!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Congratulations, Marion. So glad for you!!! Of course, I'm green with envy. I want a lap top!!! Does Jim want to adopt a poor little Cuban doll?

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

Glad your doing okay Marion, and I'm sure your enjoying that new computer.

I've been thinking about checking on upgrading my hp laptop for more Ram and Hard Drive. I honestly do not know if it is possible.
        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

So happy for you, Marion, because this transferring will keep you busy and maybe it will take your mind off Xena once in awhile.

I'm so envious of the 24" monitor! Wow!! Let us know how Vista works for you. And a new printer, too! Your husband is a definite keeper!! I'm going to spend time tonight backing stuff up - I get lazy!
          Julie

Comment

• omajo
            Digi Sage
            • Dec 2006

Congrats with your new computer with the big screen, so happy for you. I have a Vista and a big screen too. I love it and it works ok, also for PS, RDP, SBM, don't know about the other softwares.

So sorry for your lost of Xena !

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• Winnie49
              Layout Whiz
              • Mar 2006

WOW MARION!!!! i'am so happy for you and your new 24' imonitor!!!!! and the scanner-printer!!!!! it was so nice of your hubby i think you must keep this guy forever! so glad for you and your new stuff!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! good luck transfering your stuff too1
              I'am little busy too with a new macbook but i'am trying to understand and find a digiscrapbook programm for mac but i can use sbm with paralels that have windows so lets see what i find!
              Again sweetie glad to know you are so happy with your new pc!!!
              baci bella
              Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• mh51
                Scrap Guru
                • Jul 2006

You have a guy in a million there... but I guess you already knew that!!!
                The worse part of the computer is the setting up & transferring but having an external drive should help.

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

I think my lappy must have caught something from your pooter Marion I had to take it to pooter hospital yesterday and I had to be without it until just now. I was having terrible withdrawel symptoms. Anyhow she seems to be much better.Trouble is I have seen a really nice mini laptop in the shop. It's second hand and I would be able to put it in my handbag.I'm so tempted. I could take it to my daughters music lesson and hook up to her teacher's internet Can I borrow your huby for a while
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• sacannon
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Aug 2006

I am sure Marion wouldn't mind sharing her hubby.......would you???? hehehe There are a lot of envious people here Marion! You got yourself a good catch! Mine is pretty good too, he did get me my lap top a while back! But I haven't been using it away from my desk because my router isn't working right. It worked when I first hooked it up. The settings may be goofed up, but I haven't taken the time to check it out. I can work away from away from the desk, but can't access the internet when I have it disconnected. I will have to get around to checking that out one of these days.

A big congrats on your new puter..and 24 inches Wow! That is great!
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Smile
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2006

Hello Marion:

That is wonderful news. I too have one of those husbands. New laptop and printer since January. And to think that I almost didn't marry him because he was poor....lol..Don't worry about Vista it is great and actually it is even better now.....Hugs to all those great men who have us even greater wives..........xoxo
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic....

Comment

• jazzieal
                        Digi Sage
                        • Sep 2006

What wonderful news...you sure have a sweetie for a husband and I think I would sure keep him too...tell him there is a friend in Alabama who needs a new computer too..LOL..Im so happy for you...sad about you beloved dog but things are looking up it seems...have fun and enjoy it..24 in monitor..oh wow..what that must be like making a layout..
                        My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• crops2dawn
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

Oh Marion I am jumping for JOY for you!!! I got a new one last month and it too has the vista...No problem, until I had to hook up the scanner....then I just went to the site and I downloaded something and WALA it works pretty now. So, so far nothing major went wrong...***knocking on wood***

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2008

Congratulation Marion for your new 'toys' . :P and a great hubby. Look forwards to see your wonderful layouts soon. .
                            sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• crops2dawn
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Jul 2006

Did ya get it all back in???? I found it takes a lot faster putting all the stuff back in too. Also the stuff on my DVDs I can sort those all out too, cause I sure have soo many duplicates, now I can start deleting some of them.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Working...
                              X