• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Weekly Challenge 22 ~ Scraplift

Hi Everyone...yup it's that time again....weekly challenge

this week I thought i'd give you the chance to scraplift from your favourite pages...but with a slight difference of course lol

for those who have not scraplifted before here's what you do:
    find a layout that someone else has done that you would love to do and make your version of their page, try and keep the layout the same but use your own colour scheme etc ...there is an example attached of a page i scraplifted and the original

the twist this week is .........your scraplifted page is going to have a theme ....and the theme is ........Humour (or Homor if you want the USA spelling lol) as it is national homor month for the whole of April

Rules:

1) Scraplift a page from someone who's work you admire at Max
    2) using the theme of HUMOUR make your scraplifted version of the page
    3) Post your scraplifted version of the page in the gallery and then in this thread
    4) Post the Max Gallery link to the page that you have scraplifted
    5) All pages to be in by Sunday 13th April

there will be a lovely gift kit for everyone who enters this challenge so get posting

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Link to Original Page by Texasteacher http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...user=5886&sl=t

, Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ryansmom66
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

AWESOME challenge! Can't wait to do this one!
      Trisha
      My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• pilotswife
        • Feb 2008

Oh, Goodie, I'm first!

I know the topic is humor, but my family thought it was very funny to catch my almost 15 year old son sleeping with a doll. We had gotten up at 2am to catch a flight and traveled all day from south Florida to Idaho and Josh just collapsed as soon as we got there. The doll was on the couch and he never finished moving it out of his way. I got the whole page done before I realized this was Strawberry Shortcake instead of Raggedy Ann but he said he liked it anyway so I didn't change it. I scraplifted my layout idea from lemonade8590 and will link to her photo for you. MH51 gave me the Raggedy Ann doll and paper. I got the word art from Bethany Harty and the frame from someone named SDD here in the forums. The journal paper came from LorieM's Thankful Life kit.
        Attached Files

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

This should be interesting! Have to go shopping in the gallery!
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• twpclerk
            Layout Whiz
            • Feb 2008

Oh my goodness!! I have the perfect picture for this challenge!! Woo! Hoo!
            Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
            *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
            Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
            OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

I scraplifted a page made by Julie Clark...I loved what she did and wasn't real easy to copy...lol...Thanks Julie..I enclosed a screenshot of her page at the bottom...This was fun...((HUGS)) BTW, these photos were taken in Vegas last month..My uncles were way too funny through the whole trip...lol

Attached Files
              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                Digi Sage
                • Nov 2007

It said to pick someone who's work I admire. I picked Carena from a long list of people I admire. Here's the link to Her layout:

and here's my humorous version:

Used Carena's Frame It and Spring Garden kits available in the store.
                Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM.
                Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• pilotswife
                  • Feb 2008

I think your layout is great! I have always thought green and purple were an eye-catching combination.

Comment

• pilotswife
                    • Feb 2008

TWPclerk

TWPclerk! I am dying of suspense. Hurry hurry hurry so we can see that perfect picture!

Originally posted by twpclerk View Post
                    Oh my goodness!! I have the perfect picture for this challenge!! Woo! Hoo!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by pilotswife View Post
                      I think your layout is great! I have always thought green and purple were an eye-catching combination.
                      Thank you, and I want to compliment the other ones that are already done...Great job in the scraplifting...WOW...Melanie, love the photos..Too cute..<wink>
                      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

these are brilliant ladies it's great to see all the talent here

, Check out my store
                        Here

Comment

• spanielmom
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Nov 2006

Love looking at all these scraplifts. However, angelwithin, yours and texasteacher's are actually from a mask that autisticwonder created from a layout of someone else that I had liked. Autisticwonder so graciously allowed me to use it for the June 2007 Mid-month challenge. texaseacher didn't give a credit to that fact, and I just thought it should be known! Autisticwonder is a wonderful designer and deserves the credit. Here is the link to that old challenge if anyone else would like the mask
                          Last edited by spanielmom; 04-08-2008, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• angelwithin
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Nov 2006

thanks spainielmom i didnt realise...thought it felt familiar when i was doing the page

, Check out my store
                            Here

Comment

• grannywin
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Sep 2006

This is my favorite "funny" photo. At five foot, I really am vertically challenged compared with the rest of my family. When my son moved out of the house, I had to buy a step ladder! Red and white are the school's colors.

My thanks to Autistic Wonder for the circle shape and the tutorial where I learned to make the textured BG. I also loved Carena's work and scraplifted one of her creations.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X