+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default mh51 ~ HELP PLEASE...

OK ~ A question…

Within most folders in 'My Documents' if you click on ‘VIEW’ you get the following options…

‘Choose Details’
    ‘Customise this Folder’

Can anyone explain why I’m not getting the ‘Customise Folder’ option within ‘MyPictures’ Folder.
    I would like to be able to view my pictures in a ‘Filmstrip’ and NOT ‘thumbnail’ view.
    If I create another folder within ‘My Pictures’ I’m able to customize that ~ but if I then move it back into MyDocs, it reverts............what’s going on???

Am I rambling or making sense…

HELP… PLEASE…

No Mary, you are not rambling. Trailed through the shortcut to my C: drive and started looking at the various folders and it appears that all the rest have that option. However, 'MyPictures' folder does not. Hope some guru will see this and can point us onto the correct path.

Quote Originally Posted by mh51 View Post
    OK ~ A question…

Within most folders in 'My Documents' if you click on ‘VIEW’ you get the following options…

‘Choose Details’
    ‘Customise this Folder’

Can anyone explain why I’m not getting the ‘Customise Folder’ option within ‘MyPictures’ Folder.
    I would like to be able to view my pictures in a ‘Filmstrip’ and NOT ‘thumbnail’ view.
    If I create another folder within ‘My Pictures’ I’m able to customize that ~ but if I then move it back into MyDocs, it reverts............what’s going on???

Am I rambling or making sense…

HELP… PLEASE…

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

it's cos all the other folders you can choose which image to use on them from the content - windows has the my pictures graphic set

you'll find the same on my sharing folders, my music etc...the image has already been set by windows so they dont expect you to change them

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Quote Originally Posted by angelwithin View Post
    it's cos all the other folders you can choose which image to use on them from the content - windows has the my pictures graphic set

you'll find the same on my sharing folders, my music etc...the image has already been set by windows so they dont expect you to change them
    Sorry Fiona... don't quite understand... all I want to be able to do is open My Pictures & view the contents within as a Filmstrip.

cant do it

you could always make a new file and move everything into that then you will be able too view it how you want

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Hi Mary,

You may like to have a look at this freeware. Is a image viewer and is quite popular. Hope it helps.

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Wow! I can view my "My Pictures" as a filmstrip. Are you saying you don't even have that option? Are you running Vista or XP??? I'm running XP

Quote Originally Posted by spanielmom View Post
    Wow! I can view my "My Pictures" as a filmstrip. Are you saying you don't even have that option? Are you running Vista or XP??? I'm running XP
    I'm running XP and it's something that's just happened recently... it's driving me nuts. Thought there would be an easy solution...!!!

I've had XP for quite some time and never paid attention to it before. However, since I got the External Hard drive, I moved all my pictures there to a folder called 'My Pictures' and can do what I want now.

Fiona, my music, my data sources etc. all fall under 'my documents' folder which is down the line from the c:\Documents and Settings\ folder. That master folder has the cutomize option and I set it to picture and apply to all folders. The only folder within that area that does not have the 'customize' option is the 'my pictures' one. I agree with Mary, something is screwy on that folder.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

I have XP and I can view all my pictures in filmstrip. It gives all the view options as I get in my documents or anywhere. Sorry I can't explain why you can't.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48