Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadows

Lightbulb Shadows

I don't know if this one has been mentioned...but I would love it if there was a shadow adjuster...kind of like the transparency adjuster. Sometimes an object needs a shadow but the one provided is to large to look realistic. If there was some kind of slide where you could made the shadow smaller or larger...that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by candjdemi View Post
    I don't know if this one has been mentioned...but I would love it if there was a shadow adjuster...kind of like the transparency adjuster. Sometimes an object needs a shadow but the one provided is to large to look realistic. If there was some kind of slide where you could made the shadow smaller or larger...that would be awesome!
    I agree. I would like to see this as an option as well.

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

this would be fantastic i would love this option

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

You might have just hit the nail on the head - could be the reason, I don't use the shadow. Know it's there and probably decided in the beginning, did not like the effect it gave.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Ya I agree too.

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Yeah, that would be awesome.

I agree that the shadow NEEDS to be adjustable!!! Here is a little 'work around' that I have found for the problem... kindof a pain but it does work.

Take the object you want shadowed and copy then duplicate the object. it should show up right above the other one. this is how I do it for all the different types of items.

Text- chose your duplicated text and change the color to black or grey. move the new black text behind your original text and place it in the desired position.

Paper scrap- simply click on your duplicated paper scrap and change it to a solid black paper. Change the opacity to your liking. put the 'shadow' paper behind your original paper scrap and now you have a fully adjustable shadow.

Embellishments and photos- right click on your copied item go to effects then down to advanced. choose adjust color and place all three sliders to the left. this will make your object black. say ok. Now you will have a perfect silhouette of your embellishment. Click on it again to bring up your normal properties window and you can change the opacity to your liking. now send the 'shadow' behind your embellishment and place it how ever far you want your shadow to be! Full control shadow!

hope that helps! like I said... kind of a pain.. but it does work!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release

My SBM store

Thanks, Manatee!!! Great tutorial!
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Wowzers! Do I need this tutorial for the QP's I make! Wondabulous! Thank You so much for the get arounds!

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

It's what I do too and it works great for most everything. I use this method especially for text shadows.